Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DiRT 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 24, 2011

Dirt 3 is the latest installment in Codemasters' long-running Colin McRae Rally franchise. The game returns to the series' rally roots with dynamic weather, a career focusing on team-based racing, as well as introducing the freestyle event: Gymkhana.

Steam Pre-Purchase

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror

The wonders of Steam (UK) have a nice little offer on their hands, pre-purchase DIRT3 and get DIRT 2 free. I've always wanted a racing game that's not on the track and i've heard and seen great things about this series. I'm sure that DIRT 3's race course list is totally different from DIRT 2's, Is it worth going for this, even though the game is a week away?

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SlasherMan

Absolutely. Dirt 2 was fantastic!
    I can only hope that they ditch GFWL in favor of something more sane, though.

Kaburorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Kaburorne

I just cancelled my pre-order on Amazon for the Xbox 360 version, and went for this great deal instead. Recently got a new PC, so Dirt 2 and 3 look/will look way better on my computer than on a 360. And you still get achievements with Games For Windows Live.

I'd definitely say it was worth it, although the online is quite a bitch- everyone's like fucking level 200+! It's rediculous. I'm just trying to get to level 30 for that achievement and I'm losing every single race :P
    I'd say go for it :D
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Aus_azn
    @Kaburorne said:
    I just cancelled my pre-order on Amazon for the Xbox 360 version, and went for this great deal instead. Recently got a new PC, so Dirt 2 and 3 look/will look way better on my computer than on a 360. And you still get achievements with Games For Windows Live.
    I'd definitely say it was worth it, although the online is quite a bitch- everyone's like fucking level 200+! It's rediculous. I'm just trying to get to level 30 for that achievement and I'm losing every single race :P
    I'd say go for it :D
    I'd go for it too.

For some reason, if you go away from the game for a while, my SP level resets. It's a nuisance.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By scarace360

Would buy it on pc but fuck games for windows live.

Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

I just pre-ordered Dirt 3 and downloading Dirt 2 now, I'll try it when I get home from work tonight, that will give me something to look forward to. I've played the demo and loved it, graphics are amazing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.