So I got Divinity 2 and need help?

#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

So I got Divinity 2 but I have no idea where to go in the side quests. The main quests are displayed on the map however I can't see any side quests on the map. 
 
How do I find out where I need to go? 
 
Thanks.

#2 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
Bump.
#3 Posted by Jeust (10339 posts) -

From my experience with it, you just stumble on them, But consult a faq for more information. 

#4 Posted by BergDK (270 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba:

Don't know... Found the 360 demo to be confusing as fuck.

Try gamefaqs or something similar?!

#5 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" From my experience with it, you just stumble on them, But consult a faq for more information.  "
Where could I find the FAQ? 
 
The problem with ''stumbling'' onto them is that I need to do them to level up. 
 
Thanks.
#6 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

They should glow on the map. If you just take the path away from the main quest destination you'll basically stumble onto the side thing, every time.

#7 Posted by Jeust (10339 posts) -
#8 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" They should glow on the map. If you just take the path away from the main quest destination you'll basically stumble onto the side thing, every time. "
I can't see them glowing.
#9 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Still no luck, I would really like to not have to check the FAQ for every single side quest.

#10 Posted by ATrevelan (606 posts) -

You will eventually run into them. You can't travel beyond a certain point in the game's opening area, so that at least gives you a limited area to find them. They're generally in a) populated places, be that with enemies or NPCs or b) some sort of landmark, like an abandoned church.

#11 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@ATrevelan said:
" You will eventually run into them. You can't travel beyond a certain point in the game's opening area, so that at least gives you a limited area to find them. They're generally in a) populated places, be that with enemies or NPCs or b) some sort of landmark, like an abandoned church. "
So there is no way to mark them on the map?
#12 Posted by ATrevelan (606 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba: I'd have to reinstall it to find out, so I'm not sure. 
 
I remember being similarly frustrated when I got the game.
#13 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@ATrevelan said:
" @NekuSakuraba: I'd have to reinstall it to find out, so I'm not sure.  I remember being similarly frustrated when I got the game. "
I really like the game and all, the combat is great and everything. I just wish it was easier to find my objective.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.