Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DJ Hero

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

FreeStyleGames' DJ Hero uses a turntable controller to bring Guitar Hero-like gameplay to more genres and styles of music.

MORE images of DJ Hero controller surface

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#1  Edited By JackiJinx

Anyone who's seen the new issue of Game Informer has now been exposed to the uncropped pictures of the new DJ Hero turntable controller. The new pictures show a detachable section (for the lefties in the house) that includes a crossfader, effects dial, euphoria button (which functions as star power), and a hideaway panel for d-pad and face buttons.

If you want to see the new controller, seems you'll have to either take a look at a friends issue of the mag or wait for someone to leak them online. As of yet, I've only been able to find the one in my issue, and let me just say, it neither impresses or terrifies me. What does though, is the mash-up songs that are set for the game--and just to clarify, when I mean does, I mean impress and terrify--so take a look at what Activision has got going:

Feel Good Inc." (Gorillaz) vs "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" (Marvin Gaye)
    "Jayou" (Jurassic 5) vs "Rockit" (Herbie Hancock)
    "Bustin' Loose" (Chuck Brown) vs "Time of the Season" (The Zombies, DJ Shadow Mix)
    "All Apologies" (Nirvana) vs "Give It to Me Baby" (Rick James, DJ Shadow Mix)
    "Let's Dance" (David Bowie) vs "Jack of Spades" (KRS One, DJ Shadow Mix)
    "Shout" (Tears for Fears) vs "Pjanoo" (Eric Prydz)

The world can only imagine how much Kurt Cobain is rolling in his grave right now. In other news, Meatloaf decides to mash-up his burial site with Twiggy's. Film at eleven.

So no one thinks I'm full of it, Kotaku also covered this here. Discuss.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

DJ Shadow is in the game? Dude, Greatest. Game. Ever.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#3  Edited By JackiJinx

Yes, the article actually goes on to say that there has been a collaboration with several renown DJs for the game. It sounds rather promising, but when I look that the mix list? Shivers.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Phished0ne

what? the mix list terrifies you? half of them are done by DJ Shadow himself, it can't be that bad.

On a side note, whats with all The Zombies lately, first this announcement and now 2 Zombies songs in Rock Band? WOOOO! 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.