Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 13, 2016

In a world with health regeneration and cover-based systems, one of the longest-running first-person shooter series returns to its brutal, fast-paced roots.

How's this run on PS4?

garrettross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Having a hard time finding anything concrete about the performance on consoles (all I can find is how the multiplayer beta ran, and I kinda only give a shit about the campaign). How's the framerate and everything?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

garrettross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for dukesideofthemoon
    dukesideofthemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who bought it on PS4 and sunk over 4 hours into it, it runs smooth as silk. Not sure if it is pure 60fps but it def closer the 60 than 30.

Stnkwiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stnkwiaz

@garrettross: I have been playing for a few days. As a former PC gamer who became an adult and no longer has the resources to buy top end PCs, I was hesitant to buy Doom on PS4 however I am very much pleased with it. It may not look as good as it can on a top end PC, but still looks excellent and more importantly its lightning quick with no real noticeable drops in frame rate. Campaign is excellent, there hasnt been a campaign as truly satisfying in this way since Painkiller. My only gripes with the game is while I think the multiplayer is quite good despite its flaws, it can take a very long time to find a game. I am hoping this is a result of bad matchmaking as opposed to lack of player base. Time will tell.

ScottG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm amazed at how great it runs on PC. Insanely fast frame rate. They did their work. No surprise. Rage ran great, too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

There is some slowdown now and then, mostly just in heavy firefights, but nothing immersion-breaking (to me). It's definitely not a 100% solid 60fps but it's probably the closest any AAA PS4 game has come.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far so good

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I rented and played through it on PS4. I didn't notice anything like slowdown or texture pop-in or anything

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sasnake

@magusmaleficus said:

There is some slowdown now and then, mostly just in heavy firefights, but nothing immersion-breaking (to me). It's definitely not a 100% solid 60fps but it's probably the closest any AAA PS4 game has come.

Except MGS 5, Overwatch, Diablo, CoD, Battlefront....

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@sasnake: Even including those in the conversation, I stand by my statement.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadow said:

I rented and played through it on PS4. I didn't notice anything like slowdown or texture pop-in or anything

There's definitely texture-pop in, especially when you load a level "cold" (i.e. from the menu after starting the game). All the textures look extremely low-res for like 10-15 seconds before everything's popped in. It's rarer to see that while playing, but it does definitely happen.

Other than that, it runs like a dream, I haven't had any issues with framerate or anything. And while it doesn't look as good as Uncharted 4, it still looks great, even on consoles.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Anund

@stnkwiaz said:

@garrettross:[..] As a former PC gamer who became an adult and no longer has the resources to buy top end PCs [..]

Doesn't it normally go the other way? You have the resources when you become an adult, but not the time to actually use it, hehe.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It's rock solid. Haven't played the PC version, but on PS4 I've had zero complaints. Never noticed any technical hitches and it feels super fast.

Stnkwiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anund: You'd think so. Choices were made, just not the right ones I suppose.

core1065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I played through the entire game on PS4, it runs really smooth. The initial loading at the beginning of levels is a little long but the only slow down I've seen was during the ending credits for some reason. Otherwise buttery smooth.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stnkwiaz said:

@anund: You'd think so. Choices were made, just not the right ones I suppose.

Kids? hehe

Stnkwiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anund: Thankfully not. Moved overseas and became self employed. Plenty of time to shoot demons in the face, but not the resources to do it on PC.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stnkwiaz said:

@anund: Thankfully not. Moved overseas and became self employed. Plenty of time to shoot demons in the face, but not the resources to do it on PC.

Sounds like an adventure at least!

Stnkwiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anund: hah it has been and it has all been leading to me discovering doom runs excellently on ps4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.