Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doritos Crash Course

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 08, 2010

Guide your Avatar through a variety of obstacle courses in this free sidescrolling platformer based on Japanese-style "obstacle course" game shows (and, of course, Doritos-brand seasoned tortilla chips).

Man this game gets brutal

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adoggz

gheeze, I thought these were suppose to be easy chevies, but god you really gotta be a ninja to get gold in Japan. Super Meat Boy aint got notin on Crash Course ;P

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By WickedCestus

Yeah, I was surprised. I gave up Gold Medals on the last level of USA, and then got tired of the game and quit at Japan. I might go back to it, but some things about that game are not designed very well. 

That being said, it's free, and that is cool.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

The 4th Japan level is the biggest dick ever.
    dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By dagas

Second stage in EU is impossible. There is one jump 3/4 in to the level that simply cannot be done, I've tried dozens and dozens of times. Even if you jump right at the edge it's not enough and there is no way of grabbing the edge. And yes I'm running with boost.  

Am I missing something? 

EDIT: Yes I was missing something. You have to slide down the slope to get more speed then you can get from running down the slope. Took me forever to figure that out.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ryanwho

They NESed it up, its a short game that they intend to make you play about 50 times over.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Karl_Boss

This game sucks...I hate how you can fall over if you use the boost too long

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By guiseppe

I think the game is pretty damned awesome. And considering that it's 100% free, I really don't think it's in my right to complain.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By adoggz
    @guiseppe: I agree, I like this game a surprising amount. I'm just shocked that it is difficult.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xyzygy

Game sounds very intriguing, I'll have to give it a shot later.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By CptChiken

The games are free right? 

i may have to download them soon.

SeaSquared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SeaSquared

I've been only moving forward once I get a gold medal on each race. Right now I'm on Japan 4 and I'm trying for the 1:40 achievement and I don't see how I can drop a full minute from my time. Currently at 2:40 flat

prewaroregon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By prewaroregon

I hate this game!!! So why do I keep playing it!!!!

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

I have a massive dislike for this ass-hole game, it has made me rage quit so many times. I even been shouted random curse words, in random combinations because of the absolute crap I have endured. The game has flawed mechanics and timing problems. Like sprinting too long causes the idiot to fall over, that never happens in real life. I could run across an ice rink in cellophane socks and not fall over as many times as I do in a level of this game. The levels become ridiculously long, and become extremely brutal far too quickly. It's like jumping over a couple death falls and then you have to dodge 'hammers', trap door like things, paint guns, becoming too dizzy because of running, crazy ass conveyor belts that go in random directions and at different speeds. I thought 'Splosion Man was bad enough with some of its levels that made you do impeccably timed jumps, over wise you would die. But this is the biggest masocore game I have ever played. Super Meatboy, N+, 'Splosion Man. They all have nothing on Dorito's Crash Course. 
    Although, the levels in this game show surprising amounts of imagination which I had not seen in any masocore platformer before. I believe I may be addicted to this piece of crap, God help me.

SeaSquared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SeaSquared

I finally S-Ranked this last night. It was after a full day of not playing and everything seemed to just "click" with me. Even beating Japan 4 in 1:36. 
    But yea some of these course were horribly frustrating

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By beargirl1

a friend of mine and i were playing through all the levels in one sitting and it wasn't too bad. mostly dumb mistakes that we made was all. 

T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By T0mF5
    @Unknown_Pleasures said:
    " This game sucks...I hate how you can fall over if you use the boost too long "
    I let go of the boost every time I jump and have never had a problem.
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By fox01313

At least (A) the game is still free & (B) easy to Srank the other one as well as the one from last year with the dinosaurs. I think that this would definitely be improved with some t-rex action in it.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Getz

The challenge only really kicks in on the last few levels, but yeah it's pretty fucking hard. Thing is, there's no time-limit. A wash if you ask me. Plus, free.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I was surprised at how fun this game is, although the fourth Japan level is a bitch.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BBQBram

I downloaded this game today, played through all the levels once and said "fuck this game" and deleted it. Some of the platforming elements are pretty fresh, but the collision detection issues on the ledges and the incredibly stiff and archaic controls combine to mess up this generic-ass game something fierce. Meh, give me Super Meat Boy any day of the week. Free doesn't mean I should play it if it's this generic and mediocre.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BBQBram said:
    " I downloaded this game today, played through all the levels once and said "fuck this game" and deleted it. Some of the platforming elements are pretty fresh, but the collision detection issues on the ledges and the incredibly stiff and archaic controls combine to mess up this generic-ass game something fierce. Meh, give me Super Meat Boy any day of the week. Free doesn't mean I should play it if it's this generic and mediocre. "
    Yep, the collision issiues are what really put me off even attempting to get gold on all levels. I did the same as you - played through it then deleted it.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By benjaebe

I was surprised when I realized the game was pretty good. Like everyone's said though, getting all golds is seemingly a huge pain in the ass. I gave up about halfway through Europe and still haven't bothered to finish Japan. Reminds me a lot of MXC.

Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mikewrestler5
    @dagas said:
    " Second stage in EU is impossible. There is one jump 3/4 in to the level that simply cannot be done, I've tried dozens and dozens of times. Even if you jump right at the edge it's not enough and there is no way of grabbing the edge. And yes I'm running with boost.   Am I missing something?  EDIT: Yes I was missing something. You have to slide down the slope to get more speed then you can get from running down the slope. Took me forever to figure that out. "
    I had the same problem, man. It pissed me off at first, but then I remembered that you could slide. Haha.
    slowtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By slowtreme

The game pretty much makes me want to smash my TV. I keep trying like an idiot

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#25  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I was surprised by the level of challenge the game provided. I felt like the last few levels were rather unnecessary though, they weren't just difficult but the game kept throwing the same obstacle at you over and over, and the whole thing was made more frustrating than it should have been due to the bad collision detection.

Grnd_Lb_Knt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By Grnd_Lb_Knt

I think this is a great game. It's a game that has it's own rules and is consistent. Slides are very important as is timing. And the air control is very good. The only thing that bothers me is the environment doesn't reset when you reset at a checkpoint and the timing on things gets messed up. However, I suppose this is the punishment for failure.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Unknown_Pleasures said:
    " This game sucks...I hate how you can fall over if you use the boost too long "
    ... what? Its a sprint move. To put a limit on something is a basis of decent game design.
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @BBQBram said:
    " I downloaded this game today, played through all the levels once and said "fuck this game" and deleted it. Some of the platforming elements are pretty fresh, but the collision detection issues on the ledges and the incredibly stiff and archaic controls combine to mess up this generic-ass game something fierce. Meh, give me Super Meat Boy any day of the week. Free doesn't mean I should play it if it's this generic and mediocre. "
    You're comparing a free game to sell crisps to the best paid downloadable game of 2010? I think you need to get your expectations in order.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29  Edited By Yanngc33

lol I know, to say I got my ass handed to me by a doritos game :p

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Karl_Boss
    @MysteriousBob: I made that comment the first time I played the game.....I later discovered that you can easily prevent any problems by letting go of the sprint button while jumping....its still a stupid concept and shouldn't have been part of the game.
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Karl_Boss
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " @BBQBram said:
    You're comparing a free game to sell crisps to the best paid downloadable game of 2010? I think you need to get your expectations in order. "
    I've played free games that are a hell of a lot better than this game....that's not to say this game is bad but could have been better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.