The essence trading thread(Diretide '12: Your Candy or Your Life)

#1 Posted by GloomyTangent (194 posts) -

I'm already full up on blues, and keep getting more drops from the event. If anyone's interested, I'd be willing to swap for just about any color.

I figure others are in a similar situation and didn't see a thread already. GET MONEY GET HATS.

#2 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Here are the possible combinations you can make. I'm still not sure what kind of egg do I want.

Essence Types:
  • Common Essence:
  • Quas Essence
  • Wex Essence
  • Exort Essence
  • Rare Essence:
  • Unusual Essence
  • Shadow Essence
Egg Combinations:
  • Red Eggs:
  • Ferocious Egg: 1 Exort Essence
  • Brutal Egg: 2 Exort Essence
  • Merciless Egg: 3 Exort Essence
  • Yellow Eggs:
  • Anxious Egg: 1 Wex Essence
  • Eager Egg: 2 Wex Essence
  • Spirited Egg: 3 Wex Essence
  • Blue Eggs:
  • Stubborn Egg: 1 Quas Essence
  • Resolute Egg: 2 Quas Essence
  • Determined Egg: 3 Quas Essence
  • Green Eggs:
  • Covetous Egg: 2 Quas / 2 Wex Essence
  • Greedy Egg: 3 Quas / 3 Wex Essence
  • Orange Eggs:
  • Ravenous Egg: 2 Exort / 2 Wex Essence
  • Voracious Egg: 3 Exort / 3 Wex Essence
  • Purple Eggs:
  • Cruel Egg: 2 Exort / 2 Quas Essence
  • Wicked Egg: 3 Exort / 3 Quas Essence
  • White Eggs:
  • Blessed Egg: 2 Quas / 2 Wex / 2 Exort Essence
  • Seraphic Egg: 3 Quas / 3 Wex / 3 Exort Essence
  • Black Eggs:
  • Dreaded Egg: 1 Shadow Essence
  • Note: Adding a Shadow Essence to an egg will override any other essences put into it, turning it into a Dreaded Egg.
  • Natural Eggs:
  • Imbued Egg: All other combinations
  • Unusual Eggs:
  • Adding an Unusual Essence to an Egg places a glowing ring around its picture. Up to three of these rings may be added this way.
#3 Posted by GloomyTangent (194 posts) -

@valrog: I think I'm going for a seraphic egg, but both the purple and the orange ones look rad too. Can you get eggs as regular drops though? I know they occasionally come out of the diretide chests, but I don't know if you can get them through normal play.

#4 Posted by monster9999 (393 posts) -

I don't believe you can get them through drops

#5 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

@GloomyTangent said:

@valrog: I think I'm going for a seraphic egg, but both the purple and the orange ones look rad too. Can you get eggs as regular drops though? I know they occasionally come out of the diretide chests, but I don't know if you can get them through normal play.

I'm afraid not. You can buy them, but other than that, you get only one.

#6 Posted by xdaknightx69 (449 posts) -

what are eggs and the essence used for?

i have a exort essence and greevil egg

#7 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

@xdaknightx69: Egg will hatch into a courier at the end of Tiredite event. Depending on what essence(s) you "feed" it, it will change accordingly.

#8 Posted by xdaknightx69 (449 posts) -

@valrog: thanx, i dont know how to feed it etc and if its really important because i got access around 1 week back lol

its all still greek to me hehe

#9 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5141 posts) -

@xdaknightx69: Right click on the essence and then the egg, see the list above for possible combinations.

#10 Edited by xdaknightx69 (449 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton: nice thanks i'll try it out.

edit: don't know if i should really feed it the common essence i have because it says rage egg, looks like i'll have to grind a few diretide games lol.

couldn't find out any info on the egg i have except that it sells for $4.99 on the dota store apparently lol

#11 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

@xdaknightx69: Every egg is of rare quality (Not sure for the ones you purchase from the store). The courier that will hatch will depend on what you feed it. So, if you feed it nothing, it will probably be the common courier even if the egg is rare.

Also, found a picture of the colour variations.

http://i.imgur.com/83qWw.jpg

And some more information from some forum.

http://forum.darkside.com.br/vb/showthread.php?t=54748

Looks like quite a complicated system. I guess I'll be farming for more essences before I make my choice.

#12 Posted by GloomyTangent (194 posts) -

@valrog: Well, at least the chests still drop them. Of course, they also don't give stranges, which is bullshit, but oh well.

#13 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

So far i only managed to get 4 quas essences and some items, i don´t see myself getting any of the other colors 3 times so i guess i´ll go for the blue courier. So far i really like the event!

#14 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Anyone have any eggs for trade?

#15 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Let's get the trading thing going, come on guys.

HAVE: 2 red essences, 2 yellow essences

WANT: 2 blue essences

#16 Posted by lerk1120 (1 posts) -

i gt 3 blue essence :) do u want trade?

#17 Posted by Mitch0712 (465 posts) -

Does anyone have a Greedy (Green) or Merciless (Red) egg? I'll give you a Seraphic (White) egg for it.

#18 Posted by Mitch0712 (465 posts) -

@valrog: Yes

#19 Posted by StarvingGamer (8148 posts) -

I just downloaded the game, and the nonsense being spoken in this thread makes me realllllllly not want to start playing.

#20 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5141 posts) -

@StarvingGamer: It will be over in a few hours, so you're good.

#21 Edited by Domovoi0ng (1 posts) -

I NEED ESSENCES!!!! I HAVE A LVL3 EXORT EGG!!!! Steam: Domovoi0ng

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.