I Loved Dragon age 1 and I think I liked the expansion even more, especially for the quality of the writing. Played and completed the both of them on pc and ps3. I finally got the chance to play Dragon Age 2, here are a few thougths on the game.
Nobody wants to read a wall of text and everyone like lists! So here we go :
- This game would've accepted in a broader range if it would've been called Dragon Age : Tales of Kirkwall.
- I don't care how they sell this, DA2 is a console rpg. I can understand how pc gamers might feel fucked over this, but on console its fantastic.
- I think this would also have made a great prequel. They refer to a lot of stuff in DA1 that would've made them much more epic.
- Love the art style for the elves, dwarves and Qunari. They have a much more distinct look, love it.
- Writing feels a bit weaker though. Less sharp, less funny, less memorable. Still good, just not Dragon age good.
- I love that they didnt went for the "lets save the world" again. How many times can we save the world in a game, really? They tried to go for another type of story and I enjoyed it alot.
- Justice lives in Anders now? That great! But he's a fucking douche.
- Merill is great. Kind of Felicia dayish. Love it.
- I don't mind the reuse of environnement, makes sense storywise, but I would've enjoyed sidequesting alot more if they woul've went the Mass Effect 2 way. Less quests, but give each of them a distinct feeling.