Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Dragon Age II's coming!

Avatar image for overlord_ofthedeadxd
    overlord_ofthedeadXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I can't believe the sequel to Dragon Age: Origins is coming so fast! I thought DAO was great. The only problem was the combat. I guess I am more of the hack and slash kind of gamer, but gameplay videos have shown me a better combat type. The combat in Dragon Age II is faster and more brutal. It's gorier than it's predecessor (I likes!). The new dialog  wheel is another great addition. I like to make decisions on the game based on my own judgement, so this will help me more. The new art style is kinda weird because it's more stylized and is not as gritty and dark as its predecessor. With all the new improvements, I'm really looking forward to Dragon Age II. Feel free to share your demo experiences in the comment box..

overlord_ofthedeadXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe the sequel to Dragon Age: Origins is coming so fast! I thought DAO was great. The only problem was the combat. I guess I am more of the hack and slash kind of gamer, but gameplay videos have shown me a better combat type. The combat in Dragon Age II is faster and more brutal. It's gorier than it's predecessor (I likes!). The new dialog  wheel is another great addition. I like to make decisions on the game based on my own judgement, so this will help me more. The new art style is kinda weird because it's more stylized and is not as gritty and dark as its predecessor. With all the new improvements, I'm really looking forward to Dragon Age II. Feel free to share your demo experiences in the comment box..

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

I'm really excited too. Tuesday can't come fast enough. I hear it's more like Mass Effect which is a huge plus to me.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By ReyGitano

Personally I'm not a fan of either the original or this new combat system. The old one felt slow, and the new system feels like it moves oddly fast for something that takes so long to kill an opponent. 
    That being said, I find both systems tolerable enough that I think I'll be able to play Dragon Age II for what I really enjoy; the fiction, voice work, and art. Also, loot. Lots of loot.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Sambambo

I bought the first recently it it had really slowed down and become a chore. The combat is really boring and the friendly ai plain sucks, while the story seems to be do this go here, here and here then go kill him. There is no mystery.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RedRoach
    @SuperSambo: How did the AI in DA:O suck? You could not only directly control them and give them exact orders on spells, position etc, but you also had the tactics menu which allowed you to set up multiple scenario's and have the AI react exactly when you wanted to. For example you could have a mage cast heal whenever a certain party member was below %25 health,  You could get than tank to use taunt as soon s the mage got aggro, and have your rogue use whirlwind whenever he was surrounded. I don't see how the AI can suck when you are in full control of it.
    chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By chrissedoff
    @SuperSambo said:
    " I bought the first recently it it had really slowed down and become a chore. The combat is really boring and the friendly ai plain sucks, while the story seems to be do this go here, here and here then go kill him. There is no mystery. "
    you can edit the friendly a.i. scripts.
    fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By fullmetal5550

I am hoping that Gamestop has a midnight release for DAII. I have been waiting for this game ever since it was teased in Dragon Age Origins: Awakening.

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Flaboere

To bad I'm in europe with the stupid firday-releases, I don't even understand it, I never noticed wich day any game came out, and to me it wouldn't matter if it was friday or tuesday.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Sambambo
    @chrissedoff
    @SuperSambo said:
    " I bought the first recently it it had really slowed down and become a chore. The combat is really boring and the friendly ai plain sucks, while the story seems to be do this go here, here and here then go kill him. There is no mystery. "
    I didn't know that, ill check it out. Should make it a lot less frustrating.
    tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#10  Edited By tearhead
    @SuperSambo said:
    " @chrissedoff
    @SuperSambo said:
    I didn't know that, ill check it out. Should make it a lot less frustrating. "
    Yeah, I micromanage the shit out of my party. When I played Origins, my battle strategy was this: rush in and gather agro with warrior, pause, set up everyone's skills, switch to mage and juggle their healing and damage spells. Oh, and if there's an enemy mage, KILL THAT FUCKER FAST!
    Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Brians

I'm very excited for tuesday as well. To pass the time I am going to try and finish dead space 2

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By McGhee

I really don't understand the people complaining about Origin's combat. It is exactly like KOTOR's and that game is rightly considered one of the greatest RPGs of all time. 

That being said, I'm still looking forward to this change in the combat, but the older way would've been fine with me too.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

March in general is going to be a suweeet month. Dragon Age 2, then Yakuza 4 a few days after!

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lclay
    @Tearhead said:
    " @SuperSambo said:
    " @chrissedoff
    @SuperSambo said:
    I didn't know that, ill check it out. Should make it a lot less frustrating. "
    Yeah, I micromanage the shit out of my party. When I played Origins, my battle strategy was this: rush in and gather agro with warrior, pause, set up everyone's skills, switch to mage and juggle their healing and damage spells. Oh, and if there's an enemy mage, KILL THAT FUCKER FAST! "
    Rule number one for fantasy RPGs: KILL THE FUCKING MAGE FIRST! 

I've been watching my housemate play through DA:O over the last few days and he has yet to fully grasp this concept and it has lead to some rather messy defeats. hahaha.
    unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By unchained

I can't wait for this game. I took like a week off work after release day just so I can immerse myself.  

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By azrailx

doa combat was perfect on pc, it was quite difficult even on normal 
    combat seems fun in doa2, if a little fast so that tactics lose out a little

overlord_ofthedeadXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy: That's what's got me pumped too! I loved Mass Effect 2 to death. :D
    Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mike76x
    @overlord_ofthedeadXD:  The combat threw me off too, I bought DA:O just a few months ago without knowing anything about it.
    I got a great deal on the Ultimate edition and I know I like Bioware stuff so why not.  
    I'm on my third playthrough, with 4 achievements left and only just yesterday did I realize that I still button-mash.
    My character is sitting there saying "Ok" "I'm on it" "Yes" "Ok" "I'm trying" "yes" and I finally figured out why. 
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By amir90

I loved the combat in DA:O made me use some tactics, not saying DA:O2 has awful gameplay, but it seems like fun.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

In Europe they release it on Friday. Seriously i can't wait to get my hands on this game.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @xyzygy: You offend me sir,i challenge you to a duel! *gloveslap*

Anyway,im not as hyped as i thought i would be,but i will probably get it once the reviews come in.
    overlord_ofthedeadXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The main draw of the Dragon Age Origins is the story and the narrative. It was absolutely fantastic! Why can't Bioware just make a movie and just get an Oscar 'cause their stories are soo good! :P

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cornman89

Tuesday is so far away...

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#24  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @overlord_ofthedeadXD said:
    " The main draw of the Dragon Age Origins is the story and the narrative. It was absolutely fantastic! Why can't Bioware just make a movie and just get an Oscar 'cause their stories are soo good! :P "
    Because a movie where people are standing in front of each other and the protagonist constantly ask questions could become a drag after a while. :P
    StLucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By StLucifer
    @Cornman89 said:
    " Tuesday is so far away... "
    That's still 3 days before I'll get my hands on it. :(
    Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Haven't felt this much hype for a game since Mass Effect 2. There's something about Bioware games that always brings out a childish sense of glee in me.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By phrosnite

I haven't been more excited for game in my life :)

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TorMasturba
    @Jason_Bourne said:
    " @SuperSambo: How did the AI in DA:O suck? You could not only directly control them and give them exact orders on spells, position etc, but you also had the tactics menu which allowed you to set up multiple scenario's and have the AI react exactly when you wanted to. For example you could have a mage cast heal whenever a certain party member was below %25 health,  You could get than tank to use taunt as soon s the mage got aggro, and have your rogue use whirlwind whenever he was surrounded. I don't see how the AI can suck when you are in full control of it. "

This. He's essentially insulted his own personal intelligence for not noticing this in the first place and then blaming the game for his mistake. 

Ah well, live and let live, we can't like everything right?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.