Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

no spoilers!I killed Flemmeth in Origins....can't import?

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mcfart

I killed Flemmeth in Orgins, and so had a game with her dead and one with her alive....it took a lot of work to kill her....why won't the save import show it under the plot summery? Did me going back in my Origins game to kill her a waste of time...? That's lazy of Bioware if they won't even acknowledge the Warden's fight with Flemmeth....

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta
    @Mcfart said:
    " I killed Flemmeth in Orgins, and so had a game with her dead and one with her alive....it took a lot of work to kill her....why won't the save import show it under the plot summery? Did me going back in my Originsgame to kill her a waste of time...? That's lazy of bio ware if they won't even acknowledge the Warden's fight with Flemmeth.... "
    i'm fairly sure they said she survived anyway. lazy storytelling, but bioware is nothing if not lazy
    neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By neoepoch

It doesn't matter whether you kill her or not in Origins. They explain it in Dragon Age II fairly early on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No spoilers, then you spoil something? WAT!

Not EVERYONE has played Origins.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By rjayb89

They'll explain why in the game. Just go play it. Hell, just watch the Dragon Age II Quick Look and you'll see why it doesn't matter.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chrissedoff

even in origins morrigan says that flemeth is very likely still alive in some form after you kill her, and in the witch hunt dlc she makes it even more clear.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mcfart
    @EveretteScott said:
    " No spoilers, then you spoil something? WAT!  Not EVERYONE has played Origins. "
    Why are you in the DA2 forums then o.O

Futhermore, it clearly isn't even cannon :(
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ajamafalous
    @EveretteScott said:
    " No spoilers, then you spoil something? WAT!  Not EVERYONE has played Origins. "
    This.

Goddamn, spoilers in the thread title.
    chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chrissedoff
    @Laketown said:

" @Mcfart said:

" I killed Flemmeth in Orgins, and so had a game with her dead and one with her alive....it took a lot of work to kill her....why won't the save import show it under the plot summery? Did me going back in my Originsgame to kill her a waste of time...? That's lazy of bio ware if they won't even acknowledge the Warden's fight with Flemmeth.... "
    i'm fairly sure they said she survived anyway. lazy storytelling, but bioware is nothing if not lazy "
    it will never cease to amuse me how quickly a developer can go from being worshiped to reviled by the message board hive-mind by the most flimsy of reasoning
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Mcfart: They give a reason why she is back.
    Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zithe
    @Mcfart said:
    " Why are you in the DA2 forums then o.O "
    The front page says hello.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NTM

@EveretteScott said:

"

No spoilers, then you spoil something? WAT!  Not EVERYONE has played Origins.

"

Trust me, he didn't spoil anything about the first one.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Animasta
    @chrissedoff said:
    " @Laketown said:

" @Mcfart said:

i'm fairly sure they said she survived anyway. lazy storytelling, but bioware is nothing if not lazy "
    it will never cease to amuse me how quickly a developer can go from being worshiped to reviled by the message board hive-mind by the most flimsy of reasoning "
    I'm sorry, I've always been of the mind that obsidian was quite obviously better at bioware with storytelling, and bioware's lazy. name 6 decisions that mattered being carried from ME1 and ME2.
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DrPockets000
    @Laketown said:
    " @chrissedoff said:
    " @Laketown said:

" @Mcfart said:

it will never cease to amuse me how quickly a developer can go from being worshiped to reviled by the message board hive-mind by the most flimsy of reasoning "
    I'm sorry, I've always been of the mind that obsidian was quite obviously better at bioware with storytelling, and bioware's lazy. name 6 decisions that mattered being carried from ME1 and ME2. "
    1. Fate of Wrex 
    2. Choosing whether to spare the Council 
    3. Fate of the Rachni 
    4. Saving Ashley or Kaiden on Virmire 
    5. Romance 
    6. Deciding the fate of the Feros colony.
    Zaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zaft
    @Laketown said:
    " @chrissedoff said:
    " @Laketown said:

" @Mcfart said:

I'm sorry, I've always been of the mind that obsidian was quite obviously better at bioware with storytelling, and bioware's lazy. name 6 decisions that mattered being carried from ME1 and ME2. "
    If you've played DA2, then you'd know why Flemmeth is still alive. 
    I wouldn't call that lazy.
    HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By HadesTimes

You can't kill the Witch of Wilds! Whahaahahaha!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mcfart said:
    " @EveretteScott said:
    Why are you in the DA2 forums then o.O   Futhermore, it clearly isn't even cannon :( "
    I didn't say I haven't played it.
    Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mike76x
    @Mcfart said:

"  I killed Flemmeth in Orgins, and so had a game with her dead and one with her alive....it took a lot of work to kill her....why won't the save import show it under the plot summery? Did me going back in my Origins game to kill her a waste of time...? That's lazy of Bioware if they won't even acknowledge the Warden's fight with Flemmeth.... "

Morrigan tells you Flemeth can't truly be killed, before you even leave to do it. 
    Witch Hunt DLC expands on this.
    If anyone is lazy it's you for not bothering to pay attention.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NTM said:
    "

@EveretteScott said:

"

"

Trust me, he didn't spoil anything about the first one. "
    The fact that you can try to kill her/fight her/etc is a spoiler since she saves you at the beginning.
    shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By shiftymagician
    @EveretteScott said:
    " @NTM said:
    "

@EveretteScott said:

"

"

The fact that you can try to kill her/fight her/etc is a spoiler since she saves you at the beginning. "
    I think Dragon Age Origins is old enough that info like this shouldn't be considered spoilers anymore.  Dragon Age 2 guarantees Flemeth's presence in the game as alive and well in trailers too so really there is nothing truly spoilt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShiftyMagician said:
    " @EveretteScott said:
    " @NTM said:
    "

@EveretteScott said:

"No spoilers, then you spoil something? WAT!  Not EVERYONE has played Origins. "
    The fact that you can try to kill her/fight her/etc is a spoiler since she saves you at the beginning. "
    I think Dragon Age Origins is old enough that info like this shouldn't be considered spoilers anymore.  Dragon Age 2 guarantees Flemeth's presence in the game as alive and well in trailers too so really there is nothing truly spoilt. "
    To me there's no date on spoilers so yeah. Though I can agree with the rest of what you said.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EveretteScott said:
    " @ShiftyMagician said:
    " @EveretteScott said:
    " @NTM said:
    "

@EveretteScott said:

"No spoilers, then you spoil something? WAT!  Not EVERYONE has played Origins. "
    I think Dragon Age Origins is old enough that info like this shouldn't be considered spoilers anymore.  Dragon Age 2 guarantees Flemeth's presence in the game as alive and well in trailers too so really there is nothing truly spoilt. "
    To me there's no date on spoilers so yeah. Though I can agree with the rest of what you said. "
    Be a good lad and avoid the forums of said games then.
    I learned my lesson the hard way with Red Dead Redemption after I played it a few hours and went to check some message boards if any others had so much fun with the game...OOPS SPOILER.
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By buzz_clik
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " Be a good lad and avoid the forums of said games then. "
    A fine theory, but they also appear on the front page and the main forum page.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buzz_clik said:
    " @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " Be a good lad and avoid the forums of said games then. "
    A fine theory, but they also appear on the front page and the main forum page. "
    Pretty sure you can disable specific forums, at least I think so. :P

Also he should just play Origins already, its awesome damnit!
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Example1013
    @Mcfart said:
    "  I killed Flemmeth in Orgins, and so had a game with her dead and one with her alive....it took a lot of work to kill her....why won't the save import show it under the plot summery? Did me going back in my Origins game to kill her a waste of time...? That's lazy of Bioware if they won't even acknowledge the Warden's fight with Flemmeth.... "
    If you pay attention in the dialogue in Origins, Morrigan already told you the answer. 

She said Flemeth probably isn't permanently dead. But I figured, well, 

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By buzz_clik
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " Also he should just play Origins already, its awesome damnit! "
    *guilty look* I've not played it either. I can't tell if it's because I'm afraid I won't like it or that I'll like it too much.
    Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Aetheldod
    @buzz_clik said:
    " @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " Also he should just play Origins already, its awesome damnit! "
    *guilty look* I've not played it either. I can't tell if it's because I'm afraid I won't like it or that I'll like it too much. "
    Until you play it you wont know , but then theres the saying "ignorance is a bliss" .... damn does life get complicated no? You like Bioware games?  if yes give it a shot if not then dont bother , nothing will change your mind if you just hate them ; I dont , as matter of fact Im in gaming nirvana atm with DA2 :)
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By niamahai

she did something that ryhme with pawn, hence she lives. 

also, because of magic.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Example1013
    @buzz_clik: If you like RPGs (especially all the nitpicky little things like inventory management, skill tree customization, neurotic loot-getting without even an achievement, etc. etc.), you'll probably like Origins too much. I've spent over 160 hours playing the Ultimate Edition, and 110 hours in the main game alone, and I'm still not done with it, because I have a bunch of other fun shit to do (especially once I get it on PC). 

Origins is honestly maddeningly addicting. I would bathe in it if I could. Throw in some mods on the PC (I wish I had access to even just the best ones on my PS3) and it's got to be better than sliced bread.
    Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dallas_Raines

I don't get why people treat save game importing like a pillar of RPGs, before ME2, sequels completely ignored whatever you did in the previous game and followed the 'canon',

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#31  Edited By Jazz

She's a dragon...demon...thing 
    and they can't be killed. I asked Harry Potter and he said so.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.