Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

*SPOILERS* Justice quest consequences

QueenNadine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By QueenNadine

Haven’t quite figured out how to use the spoiler banner so please bear with me.

I presume that in the Justice quest Anders is going to do what he wants whether you help him or not. Regardless of what it actually is that he’s planning (I’ve a vague idea…), how does the outcome change for Hawke if you choose to help or not help (on full friendship)?

My Hawke’s romantically involved with Anders and has generally been supporting him but I really don’t like how he’s being so manipulative over this so might give this one a miss.    

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By mazik765

I am currently on my second playthrough and am interested to see how that plays out differently, if at all, since it is kind of a driving event of the tail-end of the game. And be prepared to not like Anders towards the end of the game.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wrighteous86
    @QueenNadine: Nothing changes in Anders' quest no matter what you do, which is total bullshit.  Also, to spoiler something, just hightlight the text that is "spoilery" and click the red circle with the exclamation mark in the toolbar above the text-entry box.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Far as I heard, he is indeed gonna do what he's gonna do in the end no matter what the outcome/choices.

Mass Effect did the illusion of choices mattering way better in my opinion, barely anything can be prevented/changed aside from some big things.
    Which, in the end, get talked about in general, not even highlighting your decision, often even shining through what the other option mighta been.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By Chris2KLee

Yeah, it's a shame there isn't much you can do, but on the flip side considering what Anders has become by the end of the game, I felt it still worked.

QueenNadine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By QueenNadine

OK thanks! Now given that he'll still do what he does, if I'm in on it

, will that tarnish my reputation at all or influence my standing with anyone? 

@mazik: I already don't like him, the whiny sod. Shame, thought he was kinda cool in Awakenings but in DA2 he just needs to get over himself (which he won't I gather).

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mechanical_Ape

Helping him doesn't seem to harm your reputation with anyone else.  Your reaction to what he does will, though. That occurs towards the end of the game, and it is pretty clear who approves and who doesn't, so there's no need to worry.

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Dustpan

BioWare turned Anders into a bisexual whiny emo douche. I want sarcastic Anders back.

On a side note: Why are all the romances in this game bisexual? Just seems lazy to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Wrighteous86:  Really, the only way you could stop him is to kill him without cause.  Which would make you Meredith.  He doesn't need Hawke to do his thing, I think his plan is to force you on his side by making you an accomplice.  Similar to the White Glove Society quest in New Vegas.
    Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
    @JustTheDoctor:  I think the decision to make them all bisexual comes from complaints people had about the first game. In DA:O, a lot of people complained that Morrigan and Alistair weren't available to members of the same sex. In order to give people what they wanted, they likely decided to make everyone bisexual this time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.