Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Anyone playing this on PS3?

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Eh what's it like?

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I havn't seen anyone sign up as a ps3 user on our multiplayer listing... Has a review even been released for the last gen systems?

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd like to see how this looks and runs on last gen consoles.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im playing it on ps3,so ill have an idea how it is tomorrow.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WEll game comes out to morrow and well ... I dont have any other option to play it so I will let you know as soon as I can to see how it fares. Mostly I think that fps and no tactical camera could be the shortcomings of the old gen versions (like the other 2 Dragon Age games) I hope not , but that is what Im wating for. The one thing tho the lack of coverage for old gen versions from any video game media outlet is wrong , and it is what primes conspiracy theories.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderslash: There's a series of videos going around on YouTube showing 360 gameplay. It looks like the next-gen versions except muddier because of the lower resolution.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7  Edited By impartialgecko

@aetheldod said:

WEll game comes out to morrow and well ... I dont have any other option to play it so I will let you know as soon as I can to see how it fares. Mostly I think that fps and no tactical camera could be the shortcomings of the old gen versions (like the other 2 Dragon Age games) I hope not , but that is what Im wating for. The one thing tho the lack of coverage for old gen versions from any video game media outlet is wrong , and it is what primes conspiracy theories.

Games media outlets don't get early release code for the most compromised versions because publishers don't want the focus put on the least technically-proficient version. It's plain business sense. Also, between the personality-driven nature of game criticism and the data on page views for last-gen focused content, I don't think I'm too far off the mark in saying that games writers don't want to look at shitty versions of games and neither do their respective audiences.

Or it's COLLUSION(!) and the games press are being paid to not cover the last-gen versions of games when there's a frothing demand for it. I'll let you decide between market forces and shadowy back-room deals between corpulent businessmen.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

PS3 gameplay. Looks fine to me.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aetheldod

@impartialgecko: Bu...but.... follow the money D:!!!!!

I know duder , I just was commenting that this is the kind of ammunition that gets tin foil peeps going. Im not one of them yet -_-U

Edit: Just saw some vids and Holly Moses ... the lack of textures and man I knew there werent going to be many npcs on screen but oh my.... instead of a whole army of dudes there is only 1 soldier (when getting out of the cabin after the first boss like encounter) this is going to be rougher than expected :/

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok i have played about 7 hours.the game has a little bit of slowdown,frame drops and pop in but none is that bad that it ruins anything.the game has froze one time in the 7 hours i played,so once again not too bad.everything else about the game is amazing,and for the most part is exactly like the other versions.so if you want to play this game on ps3,then i would say go for it because its fine on ps3(i would assume its good on the 360 as well).

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I appreciate the community chipping in on this subject because the media fully ignores it. If anyone else has impressions that'd be nice.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By N7

I have it on PS3 but I'm not allowed to download the patch. I keep trying but it comes to a screeching halt at 51%. I've done a bunch of internet checks and everything is A-okay on my end.

I'm installing the game now, but I won't be able to import my "world state" from the keep because I'd have to be connected to the EA servers, which require me to also be connected to the PSN... and I can't do that if I don't download the patch.

Okay: I downloaded the patch, linked my world and then created a character.

So far the audio seems to get choppy during initial loading of areas.

The character customization was pretty cool, though beards are horribly rendered. They're basically pixelated blocks around your face.

Hair clips through your ears pretty noticeably. It also seems to clip through hoods.

I don't know if this is exclusive to PS3(I'd imagine not), but you can't navigate with the D-pad. You have to use the left stick. That irritates a nervous tick I didn't know I had.

The sound effect audio isn't in surround sound, which makes everything sound super weird. You've got voices and ambient noises all around you, and then suddenly very static noises as you run and jump your way around. I don't like that at all. I imagine this is different on PS4.

EDIT: I actually don't think anything is in surround sound except the music.

The "combat" button is... R2? Man, with not being able to use the D-pad to navigate menus and now the combat button being R2, this game's control scheme is fucking weird.

Character models look pretty good, aside from some blurry textures here and there.

Environments look like they were pulled straight out of Dragon Age: Origins. I've seen Inquisition on both next-gen and PC and it looks nothing like this. But yeah, graphically it's not very pleasing.

Slight pop-in in the distance. I'm not sure if I'm in some kind of overworld or just a static "prologue" loation or not, but the render distance seems to be pretty huge. I can see well across the map.

That's about it. I've been in a few fights now and the framerate seems stable. It's not dipping or anything. That could very well change, but I'll let you know.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7: the dpad thing from what i heard is on next gen as well,so its just a choice bioware made i guess.i thought the r2 to attack was weird as well and after playing 12 hours i wouldnt have it any other way.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By N7

This is quite possibly the ugliest game I've ever seen. The PS3 version has a very stable framerate, even during some big fights, but man, MAAAAAAAAN, those graphics!!! I'm by no means a "graphics whore" but I don't think I'll be able to play this game on PS3.

I've been looking up videos of it on PS4 and wow, it's pretty good looking. I can't believe the difference. I mean, I figured there would be a difference, but I had never imagined it being that huge. The PS3 version has more in common with Playstation Home that it does the PS4 version.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By FLStyle

I'm going to get this on PS3, not really bothered about graphics.

PS. I've heard from a reliable source that there's not as many non-interactable, non-speaking NPCs in the last-gen versions. Take that for what you will.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@steadying: That video makes the last gen version look serviceable graphics wise. If people did see the game on today's consoles you can definitely tell the difference. I'm actually quite amazed by the framerate for the version.

Pascy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How are the load times and lip sync? From what I have seen the lip sync is really weird on the PS3, that might just be the video mind you.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pascy said:

How are the load times and lip sync? From what I have seen the lip sync is really weird on the PS3, that might just be the video mind you.

load times are not the greatest,but there not the worst either.honestly if you take into consideration how massive this game is(probably the biggest game ever made)and that its on a ps3,you will forgive the load times because they are not terrible.i havent had a lip sync problem,so i would say its fine.

Pascy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Pascy

@nasp: Thanks for the info. How would you compare the load times to Skyrims big overworld loading? I got fed up with the length and frequency of the load times in Skrim to the point I didnt want to play it.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nasp

@pascy said:

@nasp: Thanks for the info. How would you compare the load times to Skyrims big overworld loading? I got fed up with the length and frequency of the load times in Skrim to the point I didnt want to play it.

imo you dont have as many times to load things because once you load the zone you are set in most cases.i do feel that they are on par if not a tiny bit longer than skyrims load times.so basically there a little longer,but there isnt as many based off the 30 hours ive played.

misterbuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By misterbuns

I've been playing on PS3 since Friday. I've logged maybe 7-8 hours so far. It does not look great--there's a lot of pop-in, artifacts and muddy textures, but it's not hideous. It's serviceable. The load times are on the long-side of medium, maybe a little bit shorter than Skyrim? Buuuut I haven't encountered any bugs yet. It's perfectly playable. Obviously if you have access to next-gen consoles, get it on that, but if you absolutely must play it now, PS3 is a decent experience.

Note, I'm playing on a 2011-era slim model.

Elpantalones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Elpantalones

Oh I'm playing on PS3!! I'm trying to play the multiplayer and it's super fun but no one seems to be on... I'd love to play if anyone is ever on. Pretty sure my screen name is elpantalones

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.