Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Do I Have To Use Tactical View?

Leonidas706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm considering buying this game but there are a couple things I would like to know before i get it. First, do I have to use the tactical view or can i get through the game and still enjoy it without it? I never really liked controlling more than one character or telling others what to do. I would also like to know if there is an option to let my companions auto-level themselves and their abilities/weapons/armor etc. I just want to focus on my character and pour all of my attention into him or her. So is this a viable option or will I just get steamrolled come late-game content?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I have found Tactical View useful at times, though frankly it's a little bit cumbersome in small spaces. I'm not going to say that you'll need it to finish the game, but I will say that on Normal difficulty you will probably have to, at times, pause the action and tell some characters what to do. Not that often, though, and definitely not every battle.

You can automatically distribute skill points if you want to, though I don't think you can for the main character.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, there's no auto-equip option for your companions. You'll have to choose their weapons and armor manually. Auto-level is totally in, though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

If I'm fighting fodder enemies below my level than there is no need. When I fight harder enemies I do feel like you need to babysit your team a little more.

It's actually pretty neat because you really shouldn't have to waste time on going into tactical overview for shitty little side scuffles. I don't think a single battle went by in Dragon Age: Origins where I wasn't coordinating every last move like some grand maestro. In Inquisition, thankfully, for easier fights you can just hang back and watch the fireworks.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Depends on difficulty. If you are on Normal or lower you probably won't need to touch it ever (I use it for dragons a little but I usually make sure my level is the same or higher than them and it hasn't been an issue).

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

If you're on normal or easy no if you're on Hard or Nightmare yes.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I never used it at all on normal (I think it controls like utter crap on a controller) and I was totally fine.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still wish it wouldn't jerk the camera back to the party member when you select them (unless im really dumb and theres an option to change that)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.