Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Anybody remember the good old days? Installation griping!

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ninjakiller

By that I mean when you could buy a game and just play it as soon as you got home?  It's been 30 minutes and now I can finally play DAO on my ps3 after it patched itself, and I downloaded the free DLC.  It's cool that games can be patched to fix bugs now and broken mechanics, but it's still annoying as hell as I wanted to play a couple of hours before work, and a quarter of that time has been eaten away on the internet "tubes."

Edit: Also, Over $75 in dlc?  WTF? Sponge much?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Every piece of Dragon Age DLC is pretty overpriced yeah. Didn't stop me from downloading each and every piece mind you =/

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond
    @ninjakiller:  Yea, I miss those old console design ethics sometimes.  Relying on internet access bothers me more though...
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ineedaname

Agreed, and at the moment I also have a shoddy internet, meaning that quick patch that should take a couple of seconds can turn into an hour. 
    Seriously my download rate is about 0.4, my phone gets a faster download on the 3G network at about 0.9, it's depressing, it takes about an hour to log into steam.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    @bitcloud said:
    " @Abyssfull: I wouldn't say overpriced........ "
    Well I would. £32 for Awakening? Just a little...................
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Even with brand new games, I would still blow in it first.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yummylee
    @bitcloud said:
    " @Abyssfull: That is old school PC size expansion. I got all of the DLC off the PS Store and it is such a night and day difference between Awakening and the others considering it's about half the length of Origins vs the others that can be finished in a few hours. "
    What's your point? If anything you're furthering my opinion of the DLC being overpriced. Plus Awakening was hardly close to reaching half the length of Origins. More like under a quarter.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By AndrewB

Yeah... Awakening is just as overpriced as the DLC. Even for being a pretty decent expansion, I feel bad having snapped it up at the price I did and further contributing to the problem of pricing at what they figure you're willing to pay for it. I won't make that mistake again with Dragon Age 2.

Oh and the full install of Baldur's Gate 2 was something like 2GB. Maybe closer to 3 with the expansion pack. That was freaking huge for back then, but it still puts things into perspective. Patches can end up being a gig in size for significant content. Then again, I'm not rocking a 20GB hard drive anymore. I have several terabytes of storage between multiple computers.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Teran
    @ninjakiller:  A lot of that stuff you mentioned is optional, so technically you could just put it in and play... though if installation is required that sounds like a pain.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.