Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Awesome No addon or Masseffect card in CE for PC

Xelloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Xelloss

Awesome just awesome, got the CE of Dragonage at Gamestop, and I don't have the Mass Effect armor or DLC quest card, instead they give me 2 Warhammer Online code cards. Just what I needed 2 cards for a crappy MMO I will never play...  Now to explain to the tards at Gamestop and see if I can get this game exchanged.  Which of course is probably going to be sold out and I am going to be out of luck completely.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Gotta love GameStop.  :)

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @Xelloss said:  

Ouch tha sucks - let us know how it goes bruv!
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By animateria

Cancel that pre-order and buy something else with that 5 bucks if that irks you.

FrankTheGank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FrankTheGank

You're one of those customers at GameStop we hate.  Someone screws up and you fly off the handle when it's easily solved.  All you have to do is come in and explain the situation and we'll gladly dig out the promo items from the promo drawer.  It takes like 2 seconds it's an honest mistake.  You're the kind of guy we laugh at once you leave the store in such a bad mood over something so trivial.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Xelloss said:
    " Awesome just awesome, got the CE of Dragonage at Gamestop, and I don't have the Mass Effect armor or DLC quest card, instead they give me 2 Warhammer Online code cards. Just what I needed 2 cards for a crappy MMO I will never play...  Now to explain to the tards at Gamestop and see if I can get this game exchanged.  Which of course is probably going to be sold out and I am going to be out of luck completely. "
    Except its not Gamespots fault, the Mass Effect 2 code is packed in the box.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy

So wait, you're saying that BioWare put a Warhammer card in your Dragon Age box......? BioWare doesn't even make that game, how the hell would it get there? 

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Novyx

This must be what Jared was talking about on Twitter with the PC CE screwup... something at EA, is all  I can think.

FrankTheGank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FrankTheGank
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Xelloss said:
    " Awesome just awesome, got the CE of Dragonage at Gamestop, and I don't have the Mass Effect armor or DLC quest card, instead they give me 2 Warhammer Online code cards. Just what I needed 2 cards for a crappy MMO I will never play...  Now to explain to the tards at Gamestop and see if I can get this game exchanged.  Which of course is probably going to be sold out and I am going to be out of luck completely. "
    Except its not Gamespots fault, the Mass Effect 2 code is packed in the box. "
    Alright and we can still solve this problem instantly.  When we put out display models we gut the insides including promo codes.  We usually have an abundance of those codes sitting in our promo drawer at all times.  Hell I should know I did this last Monday before I got off work for Dragon Age.  We don't want people taking the promo codes out of the boxes we also do that to the books for GH: WT and GH Smash Hits, since those codes on the books can be redeemed and are usable only once.
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By unsolvedparadox
    @FrankTheGank said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Xelloss said:
    Alright and we can still solve this problem instantly.  When we put out display models we gut the insides including promo codes.  We usually have an abundance of those codes sitting in our promo drawer at all times.  Hell I should know I did this last Monday before I got off work for Dragon Age.  We don't want people taking the promo codes out of the boxes we also do that to the books for GH: WT and GH Smash Hits, since those codes on the books can be redeemed and are usable only once. "
    While I abhor the concept of gutting, I can see how an innocent mix up can occur in this situation.
    FrankTheGank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FrankTheGank
    @UnsolvedParadox said:
    " @FrankTheGank said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Xelloss said:
    Alright and we can still solve this problem instantly.  When we put out display models we gut the insides including promo codes.  We usually have an abundance of those codes sitting in our promo drawer at all times.  Hell I should know I did this last Monday before I got off work for Dragon Age.  We don't want people taking the promo codes out of the boxes we also do that to the books for GH: WT and GH Smash Hits, since those codes on the books can be redeemed and are usable only once. "
    While I abhor the concept of gutting, I can see how an innocent mix up can occur in this situation. "
    We only gut for floor models of regular versions.  We wouldn't have gutted a CE.  His would of been unopened.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By pause422

Gamestop is terrible, its better not to even put up with them.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By subject2change

Bullshit GameStop gutted my Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition; they said they only got 3 copies in total ALL of which were pre-ordered by people and I was the last one to pick up (went after work...). Why the fuck gut them in the first place then, leave em behind the counter and those that pre-ordered can just come by and pick up instead of having dumbasses damage my box.

Also if the game was sealed the mistake was on Biowares part and not on GameStops. You can contact Bioware or go into GameStop and either should resolve the problem for you.

And the reason why people hate gamestop is because your job forces you to push shit on people. Trade-Ins, Guides and Magazines.

FrankTheGank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FrankTheGank
    @Subject2Change said:
    " Bullshit GameStop gutted my Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition; they said they only got 3 copies in total ALL of which were pre-ordered by people and I was the last one to pick up (went after work...). Why the fuck gut them in the first place then, leave em behind the counter and those that pre-ordered can just come by and pick up instead of having dumbasses damage my box.  Also if the game was sealed the mistake was on Biowares part and not on GameStops. You can contact Bioware or go into GameStop and either should resolve the problem for you.  And the reason why people hate gamestop is because your job forces you to push shit on people. Trade-Ins, Guides and Magazines. "
    Your gamestop is operating wrong.  Policy is not to gut someone's pre-order, and to never gut CE's unless they are specifically asked to be gutted by the company itself.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By subject2change

Well tell that to GameStop on Broadway and 33rd in Manhattan. And I highly doubt ATLUS told them to gut it. i've decided to just pre-order from Amazon and pay for Release Date delivery and have em deliver it to my office instead. Tired of dealing with the long lines of morons shopping there anyway, always 30+ people in that place with a line of atleast 5 people despite having 4 registers.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By beargirl1
    @JJOR64 said:
    " Gotta love GameStop.  :) "
    FrankTheGank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FrankTheGank
    @Subject2Change said:
    " Well tell that to GameStop on Broadway and 33rd in Manhattan. And I highly doubt ATLUS told them to gut it. i've decided to just pre-order from Amazon and pay for Release Date delivery and have em deliver it to my office instead. Tired of dealing with the long lines of morons shopping there anyway, always 30+ people in that place with a line of atleast 5 people despite having 4 registers. "
    I work at a Gamestop in my mall and we only have 3 registers.  Christmas is to say the least hell.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By subject2change

Well this is the heart of midtown Manhattan, they also have 2 registers down stairs where they keep the PC games and the Microsoft Area.

I mean I had to argue once with an employee about why I wouldn't pre-order Modern Warfare 2. The nah not interested wasn't enough pushing him to say "Well the original was sold out for months" to my response of first off its success was a shocker, W@W wasn't like this, they will sell more copies and STEAM can't run out of copies because FPS that aren't console exclusives are fucking terrible. Then me taking my copy of WET and NHL10 and leaving lol.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By septim
    @Subject2Change said:
    " Well this is the heart of midtown Manhattan, they also have 2 registers down stairs where they keep the PC games and the Microsoft Area.   I mean I had to argue once with an employee about why I wouldn't pre-order Modern Warfare 2. The nah not interested wasn't enough pushing him to say "Well the original was sold out for months" to my response of first off its success was a shocker, W@W wasn't like this, they will sell more copies and STEAM can't run out of copies because FPS that aren't console exclusives are fucking terrible. Then me taking my copy of WET and NHL10 and leaving lol. "
    Yeah no kidding. I'm so fucking sick of being pestered about pre-orders. Ask once and then respect my fucking answer.

Gamestop blows I'm surprised anyone still shops there. Amazon has both way better pre-order incentives and trade-in-values.

I guess they will continue to exist by fucking over kids who don't have access to the the better alternatives.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By TheHBK
    @FrankTheGank said:
    " You're one of those customers at GameStop we hate.  Someone screws up and you fly off the handle when it's easily solved.  All you have to do is come in and explain the situation and we'll gladly dig out the promo items from the promo drawer.  It takes like 2 seconds it's an honest mistake.  You're the kind of guywe laugh at once you leave the store in such a bad mood over something so trivial. "
    Yeah, this is exactly why gamestop sucks balls.  Go to best buy next time.  Preorder there.  When you go, they have all the copies on the customer service counter waiting for you.  They wont sell your copy to someone.  And they wont laugh at you if there is something wrong and they fucked up.  Which wont happen with games because they dont fucking open them.
    Once again.  Fuck gamestop.
    FrankTheGank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FrankTheGank
    @TheHBK said:
    " @FrankTheGank said:
    " You're one of those customers at GameStop we hate.  Someone screws up and you fly off the handle when it's easily solved.  All you have to do is come in and explain the situation and we'll gladly dig out the promo items from the promo drawer.  It takes like 2 seconds it's an honest mistake.  You're the kind of guywe laugh at once you leave the store in such a bad mood over something so trivial. "
    Yeah, this is exactly why gamestop sucks balls.  Go to best buy next time.  Preorder there.  When you go, they have all the copies on the customer service counter waiting for you.  They wont sell your copy to someone.  And they wont laugh at you if there is something wrong and they fucked up.  Which wont happen with games because they dont fucking open them. Once again.  Fuck gamestop. "
    You act as if nobody in retail laughs at people.  We don't sell other peoples games as long as they are pre-ordered, we hold them fro up to 2 days after the game comes out.  If for  some reason you can come in the next 2 days, just call us and we'll gladly hold it for you.  I had someones copy of demon souls sitting behind the counter unopened for a week after it came out and when he finally was able to make it in it was there for him unopened.  It's already been discussed to that it's not our fault it didn't come with his mass effect armor, that is put in the game by bioware themselves.  Even when it's bioware's fault we can still fix it.  Now please if you think that best buy also wouldn't laugh at you if you came in pipin' hot over this you are wrong.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By TheHBK
    @FrankTheGank:   Yeah, but there is a difference between the people working the counter at best buy, who might not know anything about games and those at Gamestop who do or give the impression they do.  Regardless, it still stands as fact that Gamestop sucks monkey nuts.
    Anyone want to back me up that?  I seriously dont know why you defend that store so hard, even if you do work there.  Maybe you haven't been around long enough to know, but the shit I described, it does happen.  Preorders are sold off, you are told to wait and that you cant get your 5 bucks back.  Gutting games is also a really really retarded practice.  Every other retailer seems to do fine without having to do that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.