Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Character limit.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

So apparently there is a character limit for this game at least on the PS3.

I don't really want to delete any of my characters so what should I do if I want to play a new character.  Its weird because I only have an Elf Warden and a Circle Mage Warden.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Oh gawwwwd, I hated that about the console versions sooo much. Anywhoo when you import one of Origins characters into one of the expansions/side stories, that also still counts as a ''character'', so you should just delete the Golems or Witch Hunt imports. 

EDIT: Plus you could also just transfer some of your characters into a portable device, too.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Abyssfull said:
    Oh gawwwwd, I hated that about the console versions sooo much. Anywhoo when you import one of Origins characters into one of the expansions/side stories, that also still counts as a ''character'', so you should just delete the Golems or Witch Hunt imports.  EDIT: Plus you could also just transfer some of your characters into a portable device, too.
    I'm trying the USB transfer but it won't let me.  I don't have a portable hard drive either.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yummylee
    @SethPhotopoulos: Yeah, it just occurred to me when I tried that so long ago, too. =/ 'Fraid the only answer is is to just delete some of the imports, or you could also save your Awakening character imports and delete their end-game Origin files. That's what I done since the only good my Origin characters have now would be to import into any later DA games that allow it.
    galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By galiant

Isn't it because there's a hard limit on the number of saves you can have across characters? I seem to recall running into that same problem, and just deleting some of my saves I wasn't using fixed the problem. I hope I'm remembering that correctly.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Abyssfull: Would Witch Hunt Work if that is the only save I keep?
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#7  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @SethPhotopoulos: I can confirm that you can, having used the Witch Hunt end save file to import my character into DA2.
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Abyssfull: @Galiant: @ArbitraryWater

Thanks guys.  This saddens me.  I hope I don't delete the wrong ones.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yummylee
    @SethPhotopoulos:  I was always iffy about Witch Hunt because there's no Post-Game save you get once it's completed. It's the same deal with Awakening, but that you can at least save right before the end boss and still be left with all of your choices. Witch Hunt on the other hand ends on a bleedin' dialogue tree with some pretty pivotal decision making that can't be saved. From what I recall at least; I definitely remember that being one of the larger annoyances I had with that pack. Maybe there's been a patch or something added in that allows you to make a Post-Game save?  

There's no real harm in any case since a Witch Hunt save is still keeping in with your decisions from Awakening, though just by going solely with which save I'd rather keep for merits sake, it'd be the one where I'm not left with a couple of two-dimensional party members during one of the worst DLC for Origins. 

After reading @ArbitraryWater reply: so you do receive a post-game save? Huh, well... yeah... disregard everything above then I guess :P
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Abyssfull: I got it working now.  I only have 3 or 4 saves now when it was once 24.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.