Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Dragon Age: Origins Redcliffe Invasion bug?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yukoei

The corpses at the lake keep coming and coming and coming but they wont stop! I dont have a healer in my group so I am pretty much fucked.

Party-

• Me (Warrior Human)

• That guy in the cage in Lothering (forgot his name)

• Morrgian

• Alistar (Cant remember name but he is the grey wardern guy)

Is it a bug that they coming?
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Yukoei said:
    " The corpses at the lake keep coming and coming and coming but they wont stop! I dont have a healer in my group so I am pretty much fucked.

Party-

• Me (Warrior Human)

• Morrgian

Is it a bug that they coming? "
    Nope you gotta keep fighting
    Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Yukoei
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @Yukoei said:
    " The corpses at the lake keep coming and coming and coming but they wont stop! I dont have a healer in my group so I am pretty much fucked.

Party-

• Me (Warrior Human)

• Morrgian

Nope you gotta keep fighting "
    But I die too much! Any tip? (I also have to healing med)
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4  Edited By zyn

You can run back to the top of the hill to the other Knights.  The Knights will die eventually but the leader there (can't remember his name) is hard for them to kill.  Just lure the zombies to them and you're good.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By weltal

My party was the same as yours except I was a human mage so I cast firestorm and fireball on the alot. So I dunno what to do in your situation.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By izzygraze

There kinda is a bug. Do as others have said and lure the undead back up to the knights. Once those are dead then there should be a cut scene. If there is not then what happened in my game probably is happening to you.  An undead got stuck somewhere in the actual town and until it dies then more and more undead will keep on coming where the knights are. Kill the undead stuck in town past the barricades then there should be a cut scene.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Captain_Insano

Am just wondering how much attention you can be paying to the game if you can't remember characters' names...

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By alexl86

I was a human warrior(two-handed weapon), with Morrigan, Alistair and the dog, and managed it without problem... Well, Alistair dies, but he always dies (I got tired of using injury kits on him at a point and he had six injuries when I was done with the quest-line).

Use abilities. Even a simple knockdown, though it doesn't do a lot of damage, effectively makes two attacks disappear and you get a free attack. I kinda like Sunder Arms because it hits twice, and adds a penalty to the enemy's attacks. If you're dual wielding, you have area attacks that target all surrounding you. If you use a shield, stun them. If you use a bow, you can immobilize them. It's not really that hard, I had a lot more trouble with the following quest(for the ashes).

If you're still having trouble, I guess the only options would be to lower the difficulty or reroll a different class.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By izzygraze

Forgot to mention. If you go down to the general store before the battle you will see a bunch of barrels full of oil. Talk to the knights afterwards and they will then use the oil in their defense during the battle.

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NoXious

The oil is more of a burden then a boon. I've had tries where the entire group of Knights and Mercenaries died because of the fire, they'd engage a skeleton and just rush in to the fire.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @Captain_Insano said:
    " Am just wondering how much attention you can be paying to the game if you can't remember characters' names... "
    I was wondering the same thing.
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Vorbis

I fought for about 20minutes at the bottom before fleeing up the hill, where I proceeded to kite with Alistar for about 10minutes, looping around the guards who killed them all. I didn't have any aoe at the time so I guess thats why I struggled, now I have Sleep+Waking Nightmare it's stopped being an issue.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lowbrow
    @Yukoei said:

Party-

• Me (Warrior Human)

• Morrgian

Kite them all the way back up to the other Knights as soon as all of the troops within the barricades start to die.Take care of that group and then you might need to head back down to the lake and there will be a few leftovers that you might need to mop up - they'll activate once aggroed and you can have them chase you again if you wish. Just keep doing it till you get the cut scene.
    Galbrezu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Galbrezu

This fight is what made me love cone of cold, I now have it on both Morrigan and my main, disables are important, also being able to shatter frozen enemies is incredibly handy :P.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yukoei
    @Captain_Insano said:
    " Am just wondering how much attention you can be paying to the game if you can't remember characters' names... "
    I only forgot the guy in the cages and i forgot how to spell Alistair.
    ouvintes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By ouvintes
    @IzzyGraze said:
    " There kinda is a bug. Do as others have said and lure the undead back up to the knights. Once those are dead then there should be a cut scene. If there is not then what happened in my game probably is happening to you.  An undead got stuck somewhere in the actual town and until it dies then more and more undead will keep on coming where the knights are. Kill the undead stuck in town past the barricades then there should be a cut scene. "
    Same thing here. Killed them off, waited for something to happen and then found out one of them was wandering somewhere else, sad and lonely. Put him out of his misery: cutscene.
    KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KimChi4U

Funny enough, they only trickled out in groups of 2 or 3 at the top of the hill. I had no problem taking them out. When I got to the bottom, I used Morrigan to heal the knights that were fighting (i gave her a heal spell) and I think only one knight died during the whole fight (normal difficulty).
    Dythor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dythor
    @IzzyGraze said:

" There kinda is a bug. Do as others have said and lure the undead back up to the knights. Once those are dead then there should be a cut scene. If there is not then what happened in my game probably is happening to you.  An undead got stuck somewhere in the actual town and until it dies then more and more undead will keep on coming where the knights are. Kill the undead stuck in town past the barricades then there should be a cut scene. "

Yeah man, I figured that would be the case before I came here looking it up, the unfortunate thing is that I can't find any stuck zombies in the town (searched all of it) and still the cutscene will not initiate, I only get zombies that keep coming where the knights are atop the hill.
    Sinkwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Sinkwater

Be sure to search the piers, every time I've played this part (3 times now) a zombie is just camping out near the lake, send your group all over the place and look for red dots on your compass.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Cerza

As others have said search the town for any stuck zombies. I usually find one or two either by the boats or behind the houses. If you have zombies coming where the knights are keep fending them off until they stop. If they stop at the knights and stop in the town venture into the green smoke and see if there is a stuck zombie in there and kill it if there is. I had that happen to me once. Also, make sure Murdock (the mayer) is dead, I'm not sure if his death seems to required to be trigger the scene that ends the undead siege, but I managed to save him once and kill ALL the zombies and the scene to end the siege would not play. When I reloaded and let him die everything worked fine so I'm pretty sure he has to be dead.

Phaexos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Phaexos
    @Cerza said:
    "As others have said search the town for any stuck zombies. I usually find one or two either by the boats or behind the houses. If you have zombies coming where the knights are keep fending them off until they stop. If they stop at the knights and stop in the town venture into the green smoke and see if there is a stuck zombie in there and kill it if there is. I had that happen to me once. Also, make sure Murdock (the mayer) is dead, I'm not sure if his death seems to required to be trigger the scene that ends the undead siege, but I managed to save him once and kill ALL the zombies and the scene to end the siege would not play. When I reloaded and let him die everything worked fine so I'm pretty sure he has to be dead. "

On the contrary, Murdock doesn't have to die to trigger the cutscene.  I played through it with him still alive at the end, when I found a lonely zombie down by the docks and another behind some buildings.  Killing them ended the encounter.  If you remain on the hilltop with the knights, 1-3 zombies will periodically spawn and come to fight you every minute or two, regardless of anything.  So it is the zombies down at the barricades which are the important thing.
    janka00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By janka00

i have other bug i killed all undead on the hill where knights are but no cut scenes or anyone arent coming so nothing happens!!im on the hill killed all undead and im stuck dunno whats the problem...

Walsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Walsen
    @janka00 said:
    " i have other bug i killed all undead on the hill where knights are but no cut scenes or anyone arent coming so nothing happens!!im on the hill killed all undead and im stuck dunno whats the problem... "
    I'm having the same bug, I killed all the zombies and nothing happened...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.