Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

How long is this game?

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Giantsquirrel

I would only ask because I can't find any reviews at the moment and I don't have a ton of time to play this game in the next couple of weeks. I'm planning on picking it up tomorrow if I can burn through the story in 10-15 hours and do side missions later.

deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deathfury

From what I've heard it's around 60 - 80 hours, but I'm not sure. If you speed through it I'm sure it's less though.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BoFooQ

I hear it's long.  there are a few reviews out there and most say basic story a little longer closer to 20+ hrs. but if you do all the side mission and DLC supposedly the game is closer to 80.  personally I'm a packrat so I figure it's going to take me weeks to get through this, I have only 10-15 hrs a week to give to games. 

Hopefully DLC keeps coming, to me the big question is level cap?  Fucking Fallout 3
    tamerxero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By tamerxero
    @bofooq: Agreed, completely.  With RPGs, I'm a perfectionist, so I'll be tackling the 70+ hour campaign multiple times as different races and classes.  But yeah, hopefully there is no level cap.  Or, if there is, it's extremely high.
    BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BoFooQ
    @tamerxero:
    Fallout, which I enjoyed but didn't play till it was out for awhile drove me crazy.  I wasn;t even 1/4 of the way through story when I hit level 20.  If yop want me to do side quest and play a game for 80 hrs I better keep getting levels.  if there are only 20 levels than it better be a pain in the ass to get each level.
    tamerxero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tamerxero
    @bofooq: I hear ya, man.  I actually stopped the side quests altogether on Fallout to start fresh with a new character.  When I finally went back to my first character, I remembered how pissed I was that I hit the level cap, and I just blew through the rest of the story.  going back through with my other dudes, I realized how much high-level content I skipped out on (because there was a ton of stuff that I just couldn't do with a low-level character at all), but it didn't even matter anymore.  the level cap just killed it. 

I actually think that's why I sold the game, having, like, six max-level dudes and all.  God, I hope Dragon Age doesn't have a low level cap like that (or one at all)
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By CenturionCajun

I read somewhere that the fastest any of the playtesters got through the game was around twelve hours and that was skipping every cutscene, unnecessary dialogue, side mission, and with every cheat the developers could put in on. So, most likely for us normal players the story will easily be 20+ hours long.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BoFooQ
    @tamerxero:
    oh yeah what were we talking about.  DLC is great, I'm getting DO:A for my ps3 but i hear there is going to be DLC  ongoing which is a great thing, but that level cap question comes into play again.  or is it just a matter of getting the best possible shit and making enemies increasingly harder.  

ever play baulder's gate?    there was stuff you could cheat and spawn into game that couldn't be found anywhere.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By CenturionCajun

Bioware is off to a good start with the DLC with the Warden's Keep coming out immediately at launch. I can only hope that things go better this time around than with the "ongoing support" for Mass Effect.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pause422

Dave said he skipped like every single sidequest there was, and it still took him around 50 hours to beat one playthrough. So, actually doing sidequests like most people do as well, Id imagine 60-80 hours give or take some. Depending on how much you pause and use dialogue will matter a lot for that timing as well.

tamerxero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tamerxero
    @bofooq: No, I didn't play Baldur's Gate.  Sounds like an awesome idea, though.  Like a dev console or something.  I'm also getting the game for my PS3, so I guess, if there's a dev console in the code, we aren't allowed access to it, heh... 

...No, actually, that kind of sucks.
    Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Giantsquirrel

Ouch. I might have to hold off for a while. Thanks everybody.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Yukoei

about 50 hours for main story and no side quest but you can easily get around 80 hours + from the game.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Crono
    @tamerxero said:
    " @bofooq: Agreed, completely.  With RPGs, I'm a perfectionist, so I'll be tackling the 70+ hour campaign multiple times as different races and classes.  But yeah, hopefully there is no level cap.  Or, if there is, it's extremely high. "
    You will definitely get your money's worth :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.