Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

PS3 version (in Canada)

Bitemarks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bitemarks

I was hoping someone could clear this up for me. My local EB game locations are telling me that the PS3 version of Dragon Age is coming out on the 17th. I was under the impression that the release date was pushed up to the 3rd for a simultaneous release with the other 2 versions. Is it possible that the Canadian version is in fact still coming out on the 17th? Or is it more likely that they haven't updated their systems. They haven't received the shipment yet either. It would be a pretty big bummer if in fact it is still delayed in Canada because im pretty psyched for this game.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By demonbear

Ok a few things here, buying at EBGames is wrong, stop it.

second of all, they're also ignorant because its releasing at the same date for all platforms in north america, and Bioware, being a canadian developper, certainly thought about Their own country when they announce a release date for their game, right?

Bitemarks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bitemarks
    @demonbear: 
    Yes, that's why I figured, but they were throwing me off. I agree about EB though. It's just that there's no other stores, at least around me, that would actually know better.
    Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Lowbrow
    @Bitemarks said:
    " @demonbear:  Yes, that's why I figured, but they were throwing me off. I agree about EB though. It's just that there's no other stores, at least around me, that would actually know better. "
    Yea, EB games sucks, but in Canada, the list of retailers that sell games, the list ain't so high.

That being said, I have to say, the expirience I get when I walk into an EB isn't at all the same shitstorm Americans have reportedly had to deal with.

Also Bitemarks - call up your EB games today, I called this morning, and they already have their stock in, but wont sell till tomorrow, just ask if they got PS3 stock in ready for tomorrow.
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By demonbear

Come on guys, you only need a Walmart, or a Futureshop or a Best buy. Screw EBGames. If you have a good pc, Steam is the real deal. If not, amazon.ca is also great!

stratzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By stratzilla

It might vary from location to location. I pre-ordered it back when I picked up my Uncharted 2 pre-order (they changed the price from 69.99 to 59.99 so I got 10$ leftover), and they told me it was coming out on the 17th. But just a couple of days ago I stopped by to pay off the rest of my pre-order, and they told me the date has changed and it'll be coming out on the 3rd. This was at Adams Center in Niagara Falls, if it matters.

PS: Don't bother buying at EBGames unless you have lots of credit, doing a T3GIF or some other promotion, or have a gift-card.

@demonbear said:

" Come on guys, you only need a Walmart, or a Futureshop or a Best buy. Screw EBGames. If you have a good pc, Steam is the real deal. If not, amazon.ca is also great! "

True. Again, unless you're doing some kind of promotion/using credit, do not pass go on EBGames. Especially recently, when WM/FS/BB have games on sale and EBG won't match it (read: Borderlands for 40$, Batman for 40$, Bound in Blood for 40$).
    Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Lowbrow
    @demonbear said:
    " Come on guys, you only need a Walmart, or a Futureshop or a Best buy. Screw EBGames. If you have a good pc, Steam is the real deal. If not, amazon.ca is also great! "
    Walmart probably WOULD be the best to troll around looking to get an early copy of Dragon Age, but its too far from my place.
    Bitemarks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bitemarks

There's actually a Wal-Mart right by my place. I usually head to HMV though. If i'm lucky enough, they're usually selling the games before their supposed to due to some employee mix up. I found infamous a week early at HMV.

stratzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By stratzilla
    @Bitemarks: 

Should have waited on inFamous, since Bestbuy (and Futureshop) were selling it for 29.99$ a couple of months after it was released. Check out Redflagdeals.com (where I hang out usually) to get the scoop on upcoming Canadian videogame deals.
    Avatar image for computerplayer1
    Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Computerplayer1

I recently stopped buying games at EB here in N.S. when I listened to the guy at the counter try and talk a trio of 5 year olds into getting the extended warranty on the new Smackdown game for the wii they pooled their allowance money for...

With that being said, like others have stated, the game will be out the same time here as it is in the states. Just grab it at futureshop or walmart or something.

msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By msdss

EBGames is the devil. Personally I use Amazon.com. They guaranty the games arrival on the day of its release. Got UC2 in my loving hands at 10am the day it came out. Plus they gave me a 10 dollar credit for pre-ordering it wit them. In any case I am off topic so i shall stfu now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.