Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Question regarding Loghain *SPOILERS*

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Sooo nearing the end of yet another playthrough, I was somewhat surprised to find me having Loghain join me for the last few battles. Even more surprised at just how alike he is to a longtime party member with an approval meter and all the ad-libs you'd expect from any other party members. 

For that fact, I'm just wondering if theres any side quests that he may contribute his thoughts to at all? Or is he strictly just there to follow into the final battle for redemption n such? 

Especially since theres not much to get him to like you, besides just spamming gifts down his throat anywhoo.
    Noodlearms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Noodlearms
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Jayross

Its too late in the game for you to really build any relationship with him, he is only to replace Aly as your tank.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Gabriel

I think he's just there to follow you to the final battle, and optionally bang Moragain.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yummylee
    @Gabriel said:
    "I think he's just there to follow you to the final battle, and optionally bang Moragain. "

Bleh, figured as much. Damn shame because i prefer him over Alistair completely.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By AndrewB

I'd imagine the biggest difference will come in Dragon Age 2. Maybe even in the expansion pack for DA:O.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    @AndrewB said:
    "I'd imagine the biggest difference will come in Dragon Age 2. Maybe even in the expansion pack for DA:O. "

Very good point!
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Gabriel
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @Gabriel said:
    "I think he's just there to follow you to the final battle, and optionally bang Moragain. "
    Bleh, figured as much. Damn shame because i prefer him over Alistair completely. "
    Yeah me too
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Jayross

Hm... I wonder if DA2 will use the same feature ME2 and ME3 use, being able to import a save file.

That would be wicked cool.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By AndrewB
    @Jayross said:
    " Hm... I wonder if DA2 will use the same feature ME2 and ME3 use, being able to import a save file.  That would be wicked cool. "
    The expansion pack does. I'd imagine the sequel will too. Even if you don't play the same character (and I doubt you will), it'll probably import your decisions. Unless they really want to copy Mass Effect 2 and contrive a reason for having a stat reset.

All I know is, Bioware is going to have one hell of a time accounting for all the variables created in Dragon Age Origins. Much more so than Mass Effect.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.