Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age

Franchise »

Dragon Age is a series of fantasy medieval role-playing games by BioWare. BioWare considers it a spiritual successor to their Baldur's Gate RPG gaming series. It is furthered upon through the creation of comics, books and other forms of media. Truly this is the age of dragons.

Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BraveToaster
    No Caption Provided

Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker is an animated film following the Seeker Cassandra as she thwarts a plot aimed to destroy the Chantry of Andraste. I watched the film and I thought it was terrible. It was predictable, the voice-acting was bad, and the fight scenes are pathetic. I don't hate EA, but all of this seemed like a ploy to get money out of Dragon Age fans. Don't buy the DVD or Blu Ray; you'll just end up disappointed. The cel-shaded animation is that great either.

No Caption Provided

Cassandra, a seeker--who just so happens to be from a clan of powerful dragon hunters-- hates Mages with a passion. She's hot-headed, shows no mercy, and likes to wear skirts when she fights. Her mentor, Byron, is the typical mentor that you've seen in many anime shows. He gives her the old, "I can't teach you anymore" drivel you hear all the time. Oh, did I mention that she hates Mages? Funimation and EA think that you're stupid, so they make sure that Cassandra reminds you that she hates those damn Mages. And what's a generic story without a love interest? Cassandra meets a man who was a friend of Byron's... and he just so happens to be a Mage! Wowwy zowwy, what crazy antics will come out of this reluctant alliance?

"I hate mages... even the good ones! Blahhhh!"

Now teamed up with a Mage (I can't remember his name, but it doesn't matter), Cassandra sets out to uncover the conspiracy and save the day. Of course, it's not as simple as it sounds. Especially when she has a cult of Blood Mages and an army of Seekers chasing after her.

This film has no redeeming qualities. Don't watch it.

Oh, and here's the shitty trailer.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By uhtaree

I like dumb stuff like this, so I was intrigued by the shitty sounding plot, but you said the animation isn't much either, soooo...yeah I still wanna find out more, something wrong with me.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

Yeah, I really don't like the animation style. I liked some of the Dragon Age comics but yeah I'll pass on this unless it becomes really cheap on amazon.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7

Cult classic in the making. This will put Evil Dead to shame.

I do really love the predictability though. It's easy story-telling and it's quick to get out. Perfect for prEdictAbility.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Solh0und

Better or worst than Tekken: Blood Vengeance?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BraveToaster

@Solh0und said:

Better or worst than Tekken: Blood Vengeance?

Worse.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By viking_funeral

So pretty much what everyone expected? Good to know.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NegativeCero

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have ever heard of this if you hadn't wrote this, but okay, thanks. Now I know not to look for it.

Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Totori

What a waste of time and money.  We want games not bad cartoons.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By spiceninja

Gross.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Hailinel

@BraveToaster said:

@Solh0und said:

Worse.

Blood Vengeance at least knows that it's corny and it has no qualms with being completely ridiculous.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BraveToaster

@Hailinel said:

@BraveToaster said:

@Solh0und said:

Worse.

Blood Vengeance at least knows that it's corny and it has no qualms with being completely ridiculous.

And not to mention that Blood Vengeance's fight scenes were bearable.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShadyPingu

Hoo boy. This is like polymorphic content all over again.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Justin258

Wasn't this the anime they were making from Dragon Age? I remember that being announced on the Escapist and the guys there were pissed.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BraveToaster

@believer258: Yeah, that's the one.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hailinel

@BraveToaster said:

@Hailinel said:

@BraveToaster said:

@Solh0und said:

Worse.

The quality of Dawn of the Seeker doesn't really surprise me, given that this seems to have been born out of the same mentality that drove EA to finance animated features based on Dead Space and Dante's Inferno (blech).

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BraveToaster

@Hailinel said:

@BraveToaster said:

@Hailinel said:

@BraveToaster said:

@Solh0und said:

Worse.

The quality of Dawn of the Seeker doesn't really surprise me, given that this seems to have been born out of the same mentality that drove EA to finance animated features based on Dead Space and Dante's Inferno (blech).

I forgot all about those. It's sad that universes teeming with potential end up with works like these.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#18  Edited By ArbitraryWater

So, I have to ask. Has there ever been any sort of cross promotion of this sort that has ever been more than kinda ok? Apparently the first few Mass Effect novels were alright or whatever, but considering the amount of dumb comic, anime, and book type things that have been made solely for the purpose of increasing awareness about another product, it seems like they must work, to some extent.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShadyPingu

@ArbitraryWater: Square's Compilation of FFVII was, depending on who you ask. Personally, I disliked every part of it that I exposed myself to, which was most of it, but there's no doubt in my mind that every part of the Compilation made mad skrilla. Polymorphic content!

Oh wait, the Compilation wasn't meant to be cross-promotional. It was a multimedia cash-in made years after the fact, so maybe it doesn't apply.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BraveToaster

@ArbitraryWater: I guess they do work, since companies continue to make them. There have got to be better ways to raise product awareness, though.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hailinel

@Encephalon said:

@ArbitraryWater: Square's Compilation of FFVII was, depending on who you ask. Personally, I disliked every part of it that I exposed myself to, which was most of it, but there's no doubt in my mind that every part of the Compilation made mad skrilla. Polymorphic content!

Oh wait, the Compilation wasn't meant to be cross-promotional. It was a multimedia cash-in made years after the fact, so maybe it doesn't apply.

I enjoyed Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core. Advent Children was kind of a mess with crazy fight scenes, but Advent Children Complete actually did a lot to improve the narrative. I was actually pretty curious about Before Crisis, but of course that was never released here.

@BraveToaster said:

@ArbitraryWater: I guess they do work, since companies continue to make them. There have got to be better ways to raise product awareness, though.

They sell, but the real question is, are any of these obvious tie-in/cash-in movies/comics/etc. actually worth the money and of a quality that exceeds "Meh, it was okay"?

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Seedofpower

Holy shit, I didn't even know this thing existed. I enjoyed the first Dragon age because it reminded me of Baldur's Gate. I didn't find the story all that interesting and the gameplay departure for Dragon Age 2 gave me no reason to buy it.

I wonder if or when Dragon Age 3 comes out that any one will still care for the franchises. By the sounds of the quality for this movie, EA sure as hell doesn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.