Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Apr 23, 2013

A re-release of Dragon's Dogma, Dark Arisen includes a new high level area with new monsters and quests from the original, as well as a handful of refinements to the original game.

Problem Procuring Copy of Dark Arisen

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

I have Dark Arisen on order since over a week. It's highly unsual for a game to be out of stock so soon after release, and stay out of stock for so long. It seems like the first print of Dark Arisen was an extremely limited run, since it is sold out at every retailer around my parts, checking their online storefronts.

However - Capcom will print another run of Dark Arisen? Or am I shit out of luck? I'd hate to buy the digital version (assuming there's one on PSN), since my 80 GB fatty PS3 isn't conceptually suited for such a thing.

Is Dark Arisen impossible to procure in your region as well right now? Are there others like me out there, with a hard throbbing demand for Dark Arisen, yet nary a hope for relief in sight? Take a load of off - lighten your hearts - and share your sorrows! I guess Capcom is happy though, Dark Arisen evidently sold well, and I've been pushed to finally buy into DmC as an interim entertainment solution.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Where are you from? Regardless, UK and US Amazon both have them in stock. You didn't look very hard, did you? -.-

As for brick and mortar retailers... well, I can't remember the last time I did find a game in a store that I was looking for.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where are you from? Regardless, UK and US Amazon both have them in stock. You didn't look very hard, did you? -.-

As for brick and mortar retailers... well, I can't remember the last time I did find a game in a store that I was looking for.

Lacking online distributable cash, I resort to local specialized game retailers sending out copies on invoice. On the honor system. I'm in Switzerland, and regardless if we're talking Switzerland, Austria, or Germany - it's sold out.

Guess Amazon is hogging all the copies then! Monsters.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had the money, I would get you a copy and send it over, but I don't. It is a bit rare in store in the US, but I went to GameStop Sunday and they had about 5 copies left.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

@seppli: There weren't very many copies printed of this. It also didn't sell very well. Honestly, digital is your easiest and most likely less expensive option here. I was lucky to get one of the two PS3 copies that came to my store.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@seppli: I'm in Europe now and could pick you up a copy I suppose and ship it to you if you really really want it.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It did seem like a limited release, but I had no problems getting a copy personally.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By darkvare

why don't you just buy money psn cards or microsoft points and buy it digitally?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seppli

@humanity:

Thx for the offer, but I'm sure my retailer will organize a copy of it eventually. It's just a rather unusual situation, that's all - so I was wondering how the situation is elsewhere. Usually, games don't go out of print a month after release. Never really.

@darkvare said:

why don't you just buy money psn cards or microsoft points and buy it digitally?

As I said, my fatty 80 GB PS3 isn't really suited for full-game downloads. I'm down to less than 20 GB I think, and there's not a single full game on there. If worst comes to worst, I guess I'll do that as a last resort solution.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli: There weren't very many copies printed of this. It also didn't sell very well. Honestly, digital is your easiest and most likely less expensive option here. I was lucky to get one of the two PS3 copies that came to my store.

How do you know its sales-numbers? My guess is, if it's sold out most places other than the largest online retailers, it has performed better than Capcom expected.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gogosox82

I picked up that last copy in my store. So yeah I think Capcom didn't make very many copies of it so its been hard to get a hold of if you didn't buy it the day it came out.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@demoskinos said:

How do you know its sales-numbers? My guess is, if it's sold out most places other than the largest online retailers, it has performed better than Capcom expected.

Because NPD's came out? It sold 30k combined both PS3 and 360. Even for a re-release that is pretty bad.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By confusedowl

The EB where I live didn't get any copies period, not even one on release. I still managed to find a copy at futureshop though. I'm not sure how rare it is here but EB games not getting any copies is kind of odd.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The Best Buy and Target by me never received any copies, the Gamestop in the same shopping center had a few though.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Seppli

@seppli said:

@demoskinos said:

Because NPD's came out? It sold 30k combined both PS3 and 360. Even for a re-release that is pretty bad.

Wouldn't that be the sales numbers for just about a week? It came out late April. The 24th I believe. It got rather good reviews throughout, and word of mouth is excellent - could well be a sleeper hit. We'll get a much clearer picture with May's NPD numbers.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Seppli

@demoskinos said:

@seppli said:

@demoskinos said:

Wouldn't that be the sales numbers for just about a week? It came out late April. The 26th I believe.

It got rather good reviews throughout, and word of mouth is excellent - could well be a sleeper hit. We'll get a much clearer picture with May's NPD numbers.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli: If its any indication by just actually playing the game the amount of DA players shown active is far far outweighed by inactive players. I'm a Huge huge fan of the game but outside of japan it isn't doing very well for them.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Humanity

@seppli: If its any indication by just actually playing the game the amount of DA players shown active is far far outweighed by inactive players. I'm a Huge huge fan of the game but outside of japan it isn't doing very well for them.

Which is a crying shame since it's arguably one of the best and most innovative RPG's out on the market right now - surpassing games like Skyrim in a majority of ways. Not sure why more people didn't feel inclined to give this a try but I'll blame it on poor marketing.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cbarnes86

@humanity: I'd say smaller Capcom games generally don't sell well here. I don't have numbers to back it up, but I don't think Lost Planet 2 sold well either, but I thought that game was fantastic. This game is pretty great, but still has its flaws. Would love to see a sequel. Also, comparing this to Skyrim is a stretch. The games are very different and great in their own ways.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbarnes86: They both strive for the same end goal: open world fantasy RPG. Of course they are much different in scope as the world in Skyrim is easily 5x as large as that of DD. Still, they both offer a "create your character" RPG experience with main/side quests, dungeons and loot. When you think about it then it's not that much of a stretch at all. Skyrim is just so critically acclaimed and large in scale that it makes it seem like an unfair comparison, but when you get down to it Dragons Dogma executes on all common traits way better. Combat, exploration, enemy variety, loot, they are all much better.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I feel like DD has got the shaft where I am. There are no stores with a new copy, only chance to get it is used at GS and the new one may as well not exist My walmart didn't even have it. So I guess I'll order it with my textbooks next semester like I had to with Asura's Wrath

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Seppli

Looks like Capcom got around to printing a second run, Dark Arisen is finally available again. So go grab your copies now, before this gem is lost to the ages!

Finally - the 3+ weeks of wait have felt like forever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.