Quick Look Throwback?

#1 Posted by Ninja (524 posts) -

Who thinks that when new games like the new driver that was announced today the guys should try and put up a quick look throwback to show were the franchise made it's name that week. I'm just saying this because I want more Quick Look Throwbacks.

#2 Posted by TurboMan (7500 posts) -

I doubt that anyone feels that Driver is that significant of a franchise to do that...

#3 Edited by Ninja (524 posts) -
@TurboMan said:

" I doubt that anyone feels that Driver is that significant of a franchise to do that... "

Neither was incredible crisis, I don't really think Giant Bomb is about all the headliners is it?
#4 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

Not this game. Hell no. Well, actually I guess it would only be painful for the staff. We would reap the the benefits of the hilarity that would ensue. You may be on to something! Let the staff suffer for our enjoyment!

#5 Posted by Ninja (524 posts) -
@Origina1Penguin said:
" Not this game. Hell no. Well, actually I guess it would only be painful for the staff. We would reap the the benefits of the hilarity that would ensue. You may be on to something! Let the staff suffer for our enjoyment! "
Painful for the staff means funny to watch. I think it would anyway. I don't think this is a good game, hell no! I think a QL:Throwback would be very entertaining though.
#6 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" I doubt that anyone feels that Driver is that significant of a franchise to do that... "
I know I would. I loved the Driver series when I had my Playstation consoles. I bought two copies of Driver 2: Back on the Streets, because a friend lost Disc Two. And I never saw why Driv3r was hated: except the idiotic title, but I liked it a lot as a game, just like I did with Parallel Lines. I'm all for this idea, but finding a working copy of the game might be a hassle.
#7 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@Ninja said:
" @TurboMan said:
" I doubt that anyone feels that Driver is that significant of a franchise to do that... "
Neither was impossible crisis, I don't really think Giant Bomb is about all the headliners is it? "
Incredible Crysis.
 
And Ryan done that because it's one of his favourite games.
I'm doubting Driver 2 is on any of their lists.
#8 Posted by Ninja (524 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
" @Ninja said:
" @TurboMan said:
" I doubt that anyone feels that Driver is that significant of a franchise to do that... "
Neither was impossible crisis, I don't really think Giant Bomb is about all the headliners is it? "
Incredible Crysis.  And Ryan done that because it's one of his favourite games. I'm doubting Driver 2 is on any of their lists. "
Sorry I got the name wrong. I own the game as well so that was embarrassing. Disc is scratched to hell though!
#9 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Why would they play Driver 2 instead of Driver 1 which was much better. I enjoyed Driver 3 quite a bit though.

#10 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@ShaneDev said:
" Why would they play Driver 2 instead of Driver 1 which was much better. I enjoyed Driver 3 quite a bit though. "
Driver 1 and 2 were both great games, don't know about the 3rd one though as I never played it.
#11 Posted by thewonderwaffle (54 posts) -

im all for a quick look of any old driver game, although i think the staff would have the most trouble with driv3r based on the title alone...

#12 Edited by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

Maybe, but only if they try survival mode at least once.

#13 Posted by TMThomsen (2071 posts) -
#14 Posted by natetodamax (19190 posts) -

ENDURANCE RUN GO

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.