Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DualShock 3

Accessory »

The DualShock 3 is an updated wireless PlayStation 3 controller that incorporates rumble motors as well as motion-sensing SIXAXIS support.

Grips for DS3

PanaMusica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Recently got a PS3 to play some sony games, but I'm having trouble getting used to the controller. Anyone have any recommendations for a grip or rubber shell to make this thing feel more like a 360 controller? Feels like the handles are too short. Does the PS4 controller work with PS3?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Depends on your hands, I guess. I hold it like this: middle finger rests under the little curve on the back of the controller (under l2 and r2) at a slight angle. Pinky and ring fingers rest on the handles so you can see them peak out from the front. Pointers rest naturally in between l1/r1 and l2/r2, meaning you can go back and forth between the 2 easily. Thumbs naturally rest on face buttons and dpad, but you can go to the thumbsticks easily (it isnt natural like the face buttons or dpad, but it only requires a little stretch).

And, whatever you do, do not use the 'claw' technique. Only dumb people think thats the natural way to hold the controller. You aren't supposed to use your middle finger for buttons.

Also, not sure about grips. Never had to use them. And the ps4 kind of works, but its limited in functionality (not every game works, rumble doesnt work, you need to have it wired, and Im pretty sure you still need a ps3 controller for start/select/ps button).

WRONG
    WRONG

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Woops, I tried to edit my post, and it ended up quoting me, and then I deleted my original post by accident. Oh well, its still up there

PanaMusica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PanaMusica

ok thanks

off-topic follow-up questions

1. Which motorstorm is best?

2. LBP 1 or 2?

thanks

PanaMusica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found a controller that fits my hands better - DreamGear Phenom. The first one I got (from a Fred Meyer bargain bin) had a bum battery, but customer service was great and then sent a new one.

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
    The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Careful, the PS4 controller's fantastic (aside from the slippery grips) but after a few hours playing Olli Olli with it I completely tore open the left grip exposing the hard plastic underneath. Have 1000's of hours on both 360 and PS3 controllers and this is the first time anything like this has ever happened, controller's only a few months old as well.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What you're looking for is probably this

I've used them and they're pretty good - tight fitting and definitely make the grips larger - but still prefer the original shape.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.