Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeons of Dredmor

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 13, 2011

Explore the dangerous diggle-infested dungeons of Lord Dredmor in this comical, graphical roguelike RPG. Just don't smell of fear and lutefisk.

Dealing with zoos

liquid3600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By liquid3600

My skill mainstays have been Promethean and Blood Magic.  I've gotten accustomed to laying waste to zoos in a matter of minutes with Obvious Fireball.  I've been wanting to try out other builds but I can't find any other skills that take zoos down as well as Promethean.  Funneling mobs into a choke point and whacking away at them one at a time is fairly easy but boy does it take a long time, especially when the mob count gets over 100.   So what are some other good area effect/zoo clearing skills like Obvious Fireball?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

:( I was going to suggest Obvious Fireball.

Try Golemancy or any kind of ranged weaponry. Also, it's good to have a teleportation spell in case things get a bit too hectic.

But anyway, Obvious Fireball is the obvious choice...

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By D_W

Bolts that deal AoE damage (like acid bolts) are pretty good, as is the Bolt of Mass Destruction (but careful with that because it'll knock out the walls as well). Summoning multiple pets seems to help out quite a bit too.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

Oh, I almost forgot, Holy hand grenade :3

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Getz

yeah, I was gonna say bolt of mass destruction as well. I didn't even know what it did, but when I came across my first zoo I just started firing all my high level bolts through the door.

liquid3600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By liquid3600

I've been trying to do a melee/tank guy with a good mace and self-made armor.  I guess my only option is to start shooting those bolts.  I usually sell them off when I see a super high level item I want at a shop.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cheesebob

@LiQuid3600: No No No No. If you are powerful enough, you can Zoos pretty damn quickly with strategic use of health potions and viking magic (if you chose it).

Failing that...bombs!

MissingNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By MissingNo

I had a powerful melee character. His tactic was standing in a 1 thine wide area and let them come to the slaughter :D 

P.S. Just killed Dredmor 3 minutes ago.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Addfwyn

None of my characters have really had any form of AoE, so I've had to find that choke point nd let them funnel through. My current martial artist/monk build has crazy dodge/counter rates, but still can't really effectively take out more than a guy at a time.

Mobyduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Mobyduck

I always go with a fighter, so my strategy is to find/buy "Squid Bolts" and use them only during monster zoos. A Squid Bolt will usually kill 20 monsters, cleaning a bit the entrance and allowing you to devise a strategy for quickly taking out the remaining of the reatures, that are uaully weaken by the bolt.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By ectoplasma

I actually think that the Promethean Magic skill is OP. I used it for my first builds it worked wonders. With my current build I Usually use some kind of granades or bolts or wands i have, or funnel them. But I have a much harder time.

liquid3600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By liquid3600
    @ectoplasma: Not overpowered.  Just that everything  else sucks in comparison.  :)

I've tried and mastered every skill available and I won't make a character without Promethean and Blood Magic.  Nothing compares.
    Starzfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Starzfire

I just killed dredmor today :), used a duel wield staff build with fleshsmithing. the final talent in fleshsmithing destroys zoo's very nicly even on level 10.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.