Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dust 514

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 14, 2013

DUST 514 was a free-to-play, persistent-world online competitive shooter focused on intense infantry combat augmented by powerful vehicles. It was set in and directly connected to the thriving player driven MMO universe of EVE Online.

The 1.4 patch is pretty nice!

spidermanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Along with the bonuses this week. I wanted to try and rekindle some dust love in the forms. :)

Anyone enjoying on this?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This thread is weak. But anyways, I haven't played since it officially launched on PSN because I have no one to play with. Maybe I'll get back on this week.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I tried to enjoy this game, but I couldn't get into it. I also hated that weird layout system.

strangecargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still playing. The new patch kind of messed up my shotgun mojo though. Speed tanking no longer seems to be viable; it's all about pure HP tanking now:/

spidermanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By spidermanga

@strangecargo said:

I'm still playing. The new patch kind of messed up my shotgun mojo though. Speed tanking no longer seems to be viable; it's all about pure HP tanking now:/

That & shields. I just started running shotgun but I've been rocking a slower, but shield heavier (242) medium build. It's been good so far, so I guess I lucked out :)

Profile dampening also helps.

strangecargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidermanga said:

@strangecargo said:

That & shields. I just started running shotgun but I've been rocking a slower, but shield heavier (242) medium build. It's been good so far, so I guess I lucked out :)

Profile dampening also helps.

Yeah, I've always been primarily an assault shotgunner (Minmatar Assault). Before this patch I was using an enhanced kinetic catalyzer and a basic ferroscale plate in my low slots, but now that you can't dodge/evade gunfire with speed anymore, I've had to change things up a bit. Before the patch, I was running a little HP-light and just using skill/speed to mitigate damage. Now, I've tanked out my shields (at 383 shield HP on the ADV Minmatar Assault suit) and my low slots are a basic profile dampener and a cardiac regulator. The key now seems to be to avoid detection, use a scanner (or have one in your squad) and be really sneaky. With the tacnet changes they've made, a scanner has become a super useful tool to have; I use them on my SG scout, AR logi, and AR assault fits, but I can't fit one on my SG assault fit yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.