Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 15, 2012

In the fantasy world of Falana, a mysterious swordsman named Dust, armed with a living sword called Ahrah and a quirky companion named Fidget, seeks to free a village from oppression while uncovering the truth behind his past.

Dust: An Elysian Tale Xbox Live Achievement slowdown/crashes

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bigsocrates  Online

I just started playing this game, and it seems good (though the writing and voice acting are...rough at times) but every time I get an achievement the frame rate takes a huge hit and once I even experienced a full system lock. Other notifications (such as friends logging on to Xbox Live) do not cause this issue. It's gotten to the point where when I see the frame rate drop I pause the game, let the achievement pop and recede, wait like 10 seconds, and start playing again. It's not a huge practical problem, since there aren't that many achievements and I can just pause and wait it out, but I've never experienced anything like it and it seems like something that should have been patched if others experienced it.

Am I alone in having this issue? The frame rate has been fine for me otherwise, and like I said, the game seems good.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I can't recall if that happened to me with Dust but I have experienced that with other games. It doesn't bother me too much unless it happened during a cutscene.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.