Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dying Light

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 27, 2015

Dying Light is a first-person, open world game set in a zombie apocalypse. The player character is able to free-run to get around the environment quickly.

Good early weapon (easter egg) - The EXPcalibur

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonmonkey

Hey all.

Just a quick heads up for a very good weapon for the early game if anyone is struggling - you can get it as soon as the map opens up (after the prologue).

The weapon is a sword called EXPcalibur (groan) and it can be found on a small island in the lower right of the map, you just need to swim out to it:

No Caption Provided

Once there you need to hold the pickup button for a while (it take a couple of minutes):

No Caption Provided

If you wait for the corpse (which you pulled the sword out of) to burn up the Blu-print for the weapon will appear.

Here are the stats:

No Caption Provided

There are also some videos on youtube if you need any further help but this combined with the duplicate item trick should help most people early game.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks

Phil

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Wow, 324 damage without upgrades is OP for that early in the game. I didn't start finding normal weapons that strong until nearly the end of my first playthrough.

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: Yeah its OP but soooo much fun to chop them to pieces!

ScottG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Kind of a weird weapon. 7 durability, but can be infinitely repaired. Worth getting and throwing in your bag, for sure.

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By poisonmonkey

@scottg13: Yeah it is a bit weird, I wonder if filling all 3 of its upgrade slots with decent durability mods would make it more viable? (I've just picked it up and put it in my pack and haven't had time to use it much). Even as it is it may be useful in a clutch against a foe with a tonne of health.

Thrustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thrustache

@scottg13 said:

Kind of a weird weapon. 7 durability, but can be infinitely repaired. Worth getting and throwing in your bag, for sure.

I just picked this up but I do not see an option to repair it. My durability shows 6/7, does it require a special resource to repair it? I'm playing on the PC.

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this the drake sword of dying light? that would be pretty cool.

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thrustache: Sadly I believe @scottg13 was wrong, it appears this weapon cannot be repaired at all, it will however take out most enemies easily so its useful to have in you pack in a pinch, there are three upgrade slots for possibly upgrading durability though. This is unconfirmed but I have heard that it still hits harder than most weapons even when it is broken (it just doesn't slice them apart).

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#9 sparky_buzzsaw  Online

If you revisit the top of Rais's first headquarters, you'll find a little blue box. Keep trying to open it until it opens. It will take a while. There's a badass machete in there.

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

It's a terrible early weapon. The machete is really powerful and much better, though even that isn't great.

At level 25 you can buy weapons that do well over 1000 damage, and can modify them to do over 2000. I know this is about the early game, but there are better things to look forward to.

Nethlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scottg13 said:

I just picked this up but I do not see an option to repair it. My durability shows 6/7, does it require a special resource to repair it? I'm playing on the PC.

The whole joke about the sword being that it cant be repaired. But if you revisit the spot where you picked it up, you can find the blueprint to craft the sword from materials.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.