Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dying Light

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 27, 2015

Dying Light is a first-person, open world game set in a zombie apocalypse. The player character is able to free-run to get around the environment quickly.

PUP IT! i'm going to preorder this

boysef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

My morbid curiosity has gotten the better of me. After finishing Farcry4 I want some more open world first person action, hope I am not let down. Wishful thinking?

delorean99947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks good from what I've seen but I'd wait for reviews.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Marcsman

Day one for me.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Preordering is risking everything for the potential gain of nothing.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boysef: I think it looks amazing, I have the game pre ordered on PSN and can't wait for Wednesday.

reverendk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I futzed with it for a few minutes at pax. It looked good and smacking zombies with a bat was pretty cool though the gun stuff seemed somewhere between bland and lame.

The dropkick was also great.

...Dog.

billymaysrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there literally any reason to preorder any game now? Unless you want some useless preorder bonus that will most likely break the early game experience, I never understand the need to preorder a game. You preordered things back in the day because there were dumb but legitimate supply issues sometimes. Nowadays, that's not a problem at all. Cancel your preorder and buy it after reviews.

I legitimately hope this game will be good too, but there's no need to preorder it.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are pupping crazy, maing. They're not going to run out of Dying Light copies, and as much as I liked Dead Island, the silence on this game has me concerned.

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't there a thread a while ago about how we shouldn't preorder anything ever?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wasn't there a thread a while ago about how we shouldn't preorder anything ever?

There's one every day on every gaming site about how it's ruining the industry. But no one really cares.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

People got to learn to be stronger. Don't give in to pre-order hype, you are bound to get pupped over!

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Trusting Techland especially knowing the reviews won't be day one is one hell of a risky proposition. I don't understand why you would preorder this game but I hope for you that it is one from the good Techland.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@billymaysrip: Don't forget discounts! For example, you can preorder the game for 23% off from Green Man Gaming.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im watching TotalBiscuit play it on stream right now, it looks pretty fun.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I just pre ordered it after watching a good few hours of streams which is a good stand in for reviews/quick look. It seems actually well put together and not a technical mess like precious zombie games from Techland. Overall I am pretty excited to play it after watching quite a bit of the game

keris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By keris

I heard a Polish publication scored the exclusive rights to the first scored review. That review comes out on Wednesday. I heard a bunch of places haven't seen hide nor hair of any review copies. I'd temper expectations accordingly.

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: I saved $11 by pre-ordering on GMG, which I wouldn't be able to get by waiting til release day. I know pre-ordering is this huge awful thing that rewards publishers and developers before they prove themselves, but if I have the opportunity to save some dough while still being able to experience a promising-looking game right at launch I'm gonna do that. I'm selfish, sue me.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how the console versions hold up, the pc version looks good but I want it on my Ps4.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keris said:

I heard a Polish publication scored the exclusive rights to the first scored review. That review comes out on Wednesday. I heard a bunch of places haven't seen hide nor hair of any review copies. I'd temper expectations accordingly.

Well, Brad says there will be a "QL ASAP".

boysef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I generally feel the same about pre-ordering anything. But I mean really? Fake internet outrage hasn't done shit in the way games are made, I like the look of it and it has a strange appeal. I remember when Mercs 2 came out and that game was a flaming heap of broken dreams. Still played it to completion and got SOME enjoyment out of it. I am genuinely interested on the percentage of people that bash preordering and then turn around and support some shitty indie on kickstarter or greenlight

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lukeweizer

@mb: I saved $11 by pre-ordering on GMG, which I wouldn't be able to get by waiting til release day. I know pre-ordering is this huge awful thing that rewards publishers and developers before they prove themselves, but if I have the opportunity to save some dough while still being able to experience a promising-looking game right at launch I'm gonna do that. I'm selfish, sue me.

Or pre-loading, for that matter. I "pre-ordered" Bloodborne because I want it installed and ready to go when it's released. I don't want to wait God knows how long to download it from PSN when everyone else will be.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ripelivejam

@uninvincible: this. There definitely are legit benefits. Yeah it's a risk if the game ends up underwhelming, but if you're going to get it anyway or prerelease buzz is positive enough then why not.

Also i get to use the shorthand "prorder" and hurt people's brains in the process so that's good too!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BeachThunder

@boysef said:

then turn around and support some shitty indie on kickstarter or greenlight

Well, you don't have to pay any money to support something on Greenlight...

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go for it duder ... if that is what you want .... do you want that? I aint judging , go on go get it , you want it no? Then screw it and just get it :P

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why we can't have nice things.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did just that for the first time in my life with ACU….. Yeah i know great luck =P I'm sure you know how well that fucked me over. Don't do it, NEVER pre order.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By joshwent

@boysef said:

I am genuinely interested on the percentage of people that bash preordering and then turn around and support some shitty indie on kickstarter or greenlight

False equivalency there, buddy.

Kickstarter is about giving devs money so that they'll be able to make a game. Preordering is about a publisher trying to get gamers to buy a game that's already made before they have any idea about its quality, usually in pretty shitty ways.

If you're cool with that, have fun. But don't make a thread starting this conversation, only to turn around and arrogantly deny the legitimacy of anyone who disagrees.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

In this case I did pre-order it. Only because me and my two brothers (and a friend) got together and did the four-pack thing on Steam. We had a lot of fun with Dead Island co-op, flaws and all, so we realized we would most likely have enough fun for it to be worth it. So in a way, having it turn out to be a good game would just be a bonus...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By Humanity

This mother pupper has lost his puppy mind. This game looks like it will satisfy a craving equally fast as it leaves you wanting for more.

By the way, Mary and Kevin are playing the game right now at GameSpot

Now Playing on GameSpot

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#30  Edited By alistercat

I have always been able to tell if I will like a game before purchasing. If you have ever bought a game and it turned out you didn't like it, then you can't trust your gust instinct and should never pre-order. In my case I can't go wrong, but unless I really want to pre-load I don't bother pre-purchasing. Digitally, on steam, it makes sense but retail pre-ordering is a stupid idea.

I really like the foundation of this game, but the big question for me is what that translates to in the form of a game and nobody has been able to answer that yet because they only just got review code. I need to think about this more... but I kind of want it now.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or you could not pre-order it, then buy it a day or two after it comes out when everyone knows if it's garbage or not thus not adding to the cancer that is pre-order culture.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uninvincible: It's not like those discounts will disappear after release though. There are almost always deals to be found on GMG, G2A, and similar sites around release time. If not right away, then shortly thereafter.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PrivodOtmenit

Pre-ordering digital versions of games is dumb, it only makes sense for physical if you are guaranteed it will turn up on day of release and want it then. (stock is not an issue anymore)

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By UnInvincible

@privodotmenit: Pre-loading is a pretty big deal for a lot of people, so I wouldn't say it's dumb. There's also pre-order exclusives, which are awful, sure, but they're an incentive for many consumers still, and obviously they work because they haven't gone away.

@mb: True enough that discounts exist shortly after release, but they're usually no better than the standard 20% off GMG does. And sure, if you're a patient person waiting for reviews and using those discounts makes way more sense. In my case, I'm a fairly impatient dude with lots of disposable income who is insanely interested in any new release (especially AAA-like titles), so I'm more likely to say "fuck it" and pre-order if I'm able to save a little.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised that this game seems to have an actual synchronous release date across all regions on Steam. Publishers have recently been mildly annoying about pushing back the unlock date of a game in Australia just so that it will release on the same 'day' as everywhere else.

Anyway, duder, go for it if you want to and have done the research on the product. Don't think it's a particularly good idea, but I'm not one to judge, as I'll be pre-ordering Phantom Pain on PC as soon as it's available.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Alright man, let me just give you a piece of advice, please research the track record of Techland before you make this decision.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or you could wait half a day and see what the reviewers have to say. Surely you could occupy yourself for that long...

You gain so little by preordering, and stand to lose 60 dollars if it turns out to be a dud.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By spraynardtatum

No Caption Provided
    gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@lukeweizer: I hear that. If I don't preload I'll be waiting a few days after purchase just to play with my garbage inrernet.

boysef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many hot takes! Reminds me of the film reviews of Tusk. All the neck beards got in a shouting match at reviewers because the movie was... in a word "shit" (even though no one besides the press had seen the movie). From what I've seen on streams it looks interesting (morbid curiosity remember?) I'm fine with letting this download over night and having it ready when I get home, instead of driving an hour and a half to the nearest mall.

@joshwent said:

@boysef said:

I am genuinely interested on the percentage of people that bash preordering and then turn around and support some shitty indie on kickstarter or greenlight

Kickstarter is about giving devs money so that they'll be able to make a game. Preordering is about a publisher trying to get gamers to buy a game that's already made before they have any idea about its quality, usually in pretty shitty ways.

If you're cool with that, have fun. But don't make a thread starting this conversation, only to turn around and arrogantly deny the legitimacy of anyone who disagrees.

I'm not your "bud" pal.. Also its not like anyone that supports a kickstarter isn't getting anything in return. And he way you describe a publisher shilling a game is exactly the same as one would do on kickstarter. This wasn't the intent of starting this thread either. It just seemed like most people are dismissing this game because of a lack of a review code being promptly delivered to their faces. The downward spiral of gaming culture has reached fever pitch, It's a wonder anyone even talks positively about it anymore. Oh right... I can't wait to play this game personally. And if it doesn't live up to the negative conjecture, well maybe the publisher will finally get what is due for this latest offering... like money and positive press, rather than a dismissive wanking motion from every Michael Pachter in the room.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boysef said:

So many hot takes! Reminds me of the film reviews of Tusk. All the neck beards got in a shouting match at reviewers because the movie was... in a word "shit" (even though no one besides the press had seen the movie). From what I've seen on streams it looks interesting (morbid curiosity remember?) I'm fine with letting this download over night and having it ready when I get home, instead of driving an hour and a half to the nearest mall.

@joshwent said:

@boysef said:

I'm not your "bud" pal.. Also its not like anyone that supports a kickstarter isn't getting anything in return. And he way you describe a publisher shilling a game is exactly the same as one would do on kickstarter. This wasn't the intent of starting this thread either. It just seemed like most people are dismissing this game because of a lack of a review code being promptly delivered to their faces. The downward spiral of gaming culture has reached fever pitch, It's a wonder anyone even talks positively about it anymore. Oh right... I can't wait to play this game personally. And if it doesn't live up to the negative conjecture, well maybe the publisher will finally get what is due for this latest offering... like money and positive press, rather than a dismissive wanking motion from every Michael Pachter in the room.

Wait... publishers exploiting pre-orders is a "good part" of gaming culture?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukeweizer: I hear that. If I don't preload I'll be waiting a few days after purchase just to play with my garbage inrernet.

Not to mention garbage PSN speeds.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

Like Kickstarters, and that's taken off like a rocket.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mike

@likeassur said:

@mb said:

And just look at how my Kickstarters have completely failed or have failed to meet their expected delivery dates by months or even years.

Kickstarters and preordering are both gambling. At least with preordering you know you will get a game or your money back eventually, but again, the potential gain from preordering compared to just waiting for the game to come out and prove itself is virtually nothing.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tuxfool
    @likeassur said:

@mb said:

Kickstarters are different in that you're a patron to a project that possibly wouldn't be possible otherwise. People who treat it like a pre-order are doing it wrong, even if the eventual goal is the same.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@gaminghooligan said:

Not to mention garbage PSN speeds.

Yep. It took me three days to download GTA 5 for the PS4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.