Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2010

Concept »

The 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 15-17.

Capcom set to reveal line-up later today.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Steve_C

From Capcom Europe's twitter

"announcement at 5pm BST of Capcoms line up for E3... watch this space."

That's about four hours away, so i'll update this when all is apparently revealed.

There have been rumours of a Ninja Theory-developed DMC5, so i'll be interested to see if it comes to light, though maybe they won't mention developers until E3 proper.
    Any last minute predictions? Expectations? Hype?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Rhaknar

i was going to post this earlier, but didnt because im torn about this. Do they announce just what we know so far, to save some surprises for E3? or do they announce everything at E3. Capcom doesnt have a press conference like Ubisoft or EA, so they might announce everything now, I guess we'll see.

What do we even know that is coming from Capcom for sure? MvC3 and Dead Rising 2? That dynasty warriors style game too... anything else? Oh Okamiden for DS.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Steve_C

It's hard to say really. Even if they were to announce everything, it would be by name alone. There's a lot to say and show at the event itself.

There are still surprises as to how a game looks and has been changed, or who is developing it. We could potentially see Resident Evil 6, and i'm sure Takeuchi said at one point that it would end up feeling different, probably becoming even more western influenced. There are also reveals about already announced games, like the full-line up for MvC3.

I'll be interested to see how far they go then. If there are glaring omissions then I suppose they will be more big announcements at the show. They don't have their own presser, but I could see any important game reveals being shown at one of the big three conferences, like that DMC4 teaser from way back when (at least I think that was shown at E3).

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Steve_C said:

" It's hard to say really. Even if they were to announce everything, it would be by name alone. There's a lot to say and show at the event itself. There are still surprises as to how a game looks and has been changed, or who is developing it. We could potentially see Resident Evil 6, and i'm sure Takeuchi said at one point that it would end up feeling different, probably becoming even more western influenced. There are also reveals about already announced games, like the full-line up for MvC3.  I'll be interested to see how far they go then. If there are glaring omissions then I suppose they will be more big announcements at the show. They don't have their own presser, but I could see any important game reveals being shown at one of the big three conferences, like that DMC4 teaser from way back when (at least I think that was shown at E3). "

its just that if there was a RE6, or even a DMC5 or something, seems like something that would be in a MS or Sony press conference thing, not on a list of games to be at E3 1 week before it starts, you know? They will probably say "we have 6 or 7 games at E3, but 2 are secret!" or something like that. Then everyone will speculate big titles, and end up disapointed when its dino crisis on PS1 classics or something :P
    MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MisterChief

Wasn't the original RE5 trailer first shown at a Microsoft presser?
    Anyway it seems too soon for an RE6 announcement but I wouldn't be too surprised to see one for DMC5.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Steve_C
    @Rhaknar:  I agree, but any gameplay or trailers won't be shown until E3, that is if there is anything of a game to show at all.

Since Capcom don't have their own conference and aren't platform holders, I don't think there's any real pressure on them to have some crazy reveal to stun audiences. They just want to show their games, and aren't driven by the desire to have the best conference and 'win E3'. Saying something like DMC5 and RE6 will be at the show is exciting for sure, but it's a given anyway that such a game will exist eventually. The big surprises will be the actual game details and seeing them in action, so I don't think it would harm them in anyway to announce everything by name only.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rhaknar

as expected, they only annouced the games we know about:

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
    Ōkamiden
    Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
    Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes
    Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
    Dead Rising 2

Dead Rising 2: CASE ZERO
    MotoGP 09/10

We also have a couple surprises in store so make sure to visit us here at the Capcom Europe Blog for all the latest news on Capcom at E3

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Steve_C

Haha, ridiculousy predictable I suppose. No hype here.

"E3 is just over a week away and Capcom is getting prepared for an amazing show this year.  We are thrilled to finally confirm our exciting lineup to everyone attending E3 and hope you’ll stop by the Capcom Booth – If you’re in LA - to check out our great games.  

We’ll have brand new content and hands-on opportunities for a number of our games including:

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
    Ōkamiden
    Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
    Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes
    Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
    Dead Rising 2

Dead Rising 2: CASE ZERO
    MotoGP 09/10

We also have a couple surprises in store so make sure to visit us here at the Capcom Europe Blog for all the latest news on Capcom at E3"

I wonder what ever happened to Resident Evil PSP. Vaporware?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rhaknar

Dead Rising Case Zero as a seperate release m akes me wonder if it's now a paid XBLA thing

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Steve_C

I remember hearing about some sort of prequel fiction surrounding that game in some form.

Oh, just found it.

EDIT: It was always a paid download.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Steve_C said:
    " I remember hearing about some sort of prequel fiction surrounding that game in some form.

Oh, just found it. "
    I know what it is, im wondering if its paid now, it was initially reported to be free (i think)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.