Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Electronic Arts

Company »

EA is one of the largest publisher/developers in the video game industry.

A classic EA franchise to be reinvented by Starbreeze.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai
    By now most of you know that Starbreese Studios, the people behind the critically acclaimed The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay and the favorable The Darkness, are working on reinventing a "most acclaimed classic EA franchise". Online guesses have ranged from SyndicateUltimaWing Commander to SSX. While no official release date has been given, EA has commented that the game will come out for the PC as well for the PS3 and the Xbox 360. Starbreeze's CEO Johan Kristiansson has commented that that team is "already deep in development", though no other details have been reveled regarding the true nature of Project RedLime. 

Personally I think the game in question is System Shock 3 and given starbreeze's past record in making great FPS games I would not put it past EA to hand over development of that franchise to them.If that be the case then I think that the game is in good hands. IF the game is System Shock 3 then I must say that EA has done the right decision and they get "two thumbs" way up. 

What do you think is the game behind Project RedLime?   
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

My honest guess is that still that the game has been announced and you don't even realize it.

When's the last time anyone heard details about Medal of Honor: Operation Anaconda?  Hell, there's still no developer listed for our Wiki page.  Meanwhile, we know that Starbreeze does great with FPS games...and that they were putting a lot of development focus in the remake of Riddick on making the multiplayer work...which is kind of didn't.

Therefore, for me, it seems like a logical choice.  With it updating to modern war rather than WWII, that's a reimagining.  The only thing is that Wing Commander also sounds like a good choice, as does System Shock.  However, I just don't think that EA would go out and make a new System Shock when they know the kind of backlash they could get from the Ken Levine-devoted fanbase surrounding that game...as well as the "hey, they are trying to copy Bioshock" comparisons that would be COMPLETELY wrong.

SOOOO...my money is on Medal of Honor: Operation Anaconda.
    Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Manatassi

Hmm a new Syndicate game could be pretty cool, from a 1st person view it kinda fits their style.

I don't think it is I just think it could be cool. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.