Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Empyrion: Galactic Survival

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Empyrion: Galactic Survival is a sci-fi, voxel-based survival game developed by Eleon Game Studios.

Empyrion: Galactic Survival

kdhunter22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know survival games are a dime a dozen but having played about 2 hours of this game, I am really digging it. Anybody else playing/played it?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I picked it up last year, found it pretty disappointing. Back then a lot of people were hyping it up as "No Man's Sky done right", but to me it just seemed to double down one of the duller parts of the survival genre basically starting you off putting rocks and sticks together and seemingly with pretty limited terrain deformation options.

I understood it wouldn't be a full on space exploration game like the Evochron series, Elite or even Rodina, but was hoping it would combine aspects of the underdeveloped but enjoyable Space Engineers and StarForge. It really didn't capture my imagination like those did, and I stopped playing after about an hour.

I may go back to it some time to see how it's been developing, but at this point I'm leaning more towards giving NMS another chance. Astroneer also seems to be going for something I'd find more enjoyable.

Edit: I also moved the thread to the appropriate forum.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

I'm a huge fan of Empyrion. It's a lot like Minecraft, but with space exploration involved. Me and a group of friends have logged almost 300 hours in the game each. To say "it's what No Man's Sky should have been" is a lot premature, but it's a fun game with a group of friends.

the thing I love the most about the game is you can build WHATEVER you want, and test it out. I've posted a pic of my Capital Ship, "Bon Vivant of Violence" above. Below is a Winnebago I modified from another user's build in the workshop.

No Caption Provided

The game gets updated about once every 3 weeks, and the updates are nice. The game is early access, so i know that is kind of a bad subject with some people. The creative side of the game is unlike any game i've ever played. if you have steam, go to the workshop and look at the user created data. People have built just about every spaceship in sci fi fantasies.

It's fun to have other people's stuff, but if you enjoy building a ship and "role playing" a bit with friends, the game is a blast.

Anybody else playing this game? Let's see some builds!

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.