Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is an action adventure game developed by Ninja Theory and published by Namco-Bandai. A very loose retelling of "Journey to the West," Enslaved follows the story of Monkey and Trip as they attempt to cross a post-apocalyptic Planet Earth.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (HMV Exclusive Edition)

Burn1n9m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

Edited By Burn1n9m4n

Hello again everybody. So it seems that my previous blog post about the Zombrex Edition that was being offered at HMV in the UK got some good discussion going along with quite a few posts. So I thought I would do it again with the Enslaved: Odyssey to the West HMV exclusive edition that is being offered. A bit of subtext before I get into this though. I went to HMV and Game today to get some pricing info on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. However, I'll wait for a full on review of Castlevania from Giantbomb as well as Joystiq before I decide to make a purchase on that. However, I have played the demo for Enslaved and can't wait to tear into the game.   

So as it turns out Game is not offering any special deals or editions of either of these recent releases. HMV is not offering anything special with Castlevania, but they are offering an exclusive edition of Enslaved. So what do you get in this special edition of the game and how much does it cost? While the regbular edition of the game comes with just....well....the game, the exclusive edition comes with the game's soundtrack cd and the book The Tesseract, by the games's writer Alex Garland. How much will this special set you back? As it turns out nothing. Both the regular and exclusive editions (as sold from the Oxford HMV) are priced the same at £39.99. I have to admit that i thought this was a mistake, and even went so far as to ask the staff to check. It turns out that, yes in fact the special edition and the regular edition are both the same price. Very weird and caught me totally off guard. So to summarize the HMV exclusive edition packs: 

-The game 
    -Soundtrack 
    -The Tesseract by Alex Garland 
     All for the same price as the normal game. 

So if your local HMV is offering it, and you really want the game, you might as well make the purchase of the special edition while the supplies last.

Burn1n9m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Burn1n9m4n

Hello again everybody. So it seems that my previous blog post about the Zombrex Edition that was being offered at HMV in the UK got some good discussion going along with quite a few posts. So I thought I would do it again with the Enslaved: Odyssey to the West HMV exclusive edition that is being offered. A bit of subtext before I get into this though. I went to HMV and Game today to get some pricing info on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. However, I'll wait for a full on review of Castlevania from Giantbomb as well as Joystiq before I decide to make a purchase on that. However, I have played the demo for Enslaved and can't wait to tear into the game.   

So as it turns out Game is not offering any special deals or editions of either of these recent releases. HMV is not offering anything special with Castlevania, but they are offering an exclusive edition of Enslaved. So what do you get in this special edition of the game and how much does it cost? While the regbular edition of the game comes with just....well....the game, the exclusive edition comes with the game's soundtrack cd and the book The Tesseract, by the games's writer Alex Garland. How much will this special set you back? As it turns out nothing. Both the regular and exclusive editions (as sold from the Oxford HMV) are priced the same at £39.99. I have to admit that i thought this was a mistake, and even went so far as to ask the staff to check. It turns out that, yes in fact the special edition and the regular edition are both the same price. Very weird and caught me totally off guard. So to summarize the HMV exclusive edition packs: 

-The game 
    -Soundtrack 
    -The Tesseract by Alex Garland 
     All for the same price as the normal game. 

So if your local HMV is offering it, and you really want the game, you might as well make the purchase of the special edition while the supplies last.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By MEATBALL

- How's the soundtrack? 
    - Is it just a select smattering of the game's music, or does it encompass the entire game's score? 
    - What is 'The Tesseract'? 
    - Does it have anything to do with the game beyond being written by Garland?

Disappointing that they didn't release it outside of the UK/Europe, if only because I'd love to have the game's soundtrack.

JusticeCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JusticeCat
    @MEATBALL:  http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780140258424/The-Tesseract - Doesn't sound like it! looks like hes trying to use the hype of Enslaved to get his book off the ground... The ingame orchestral score didn't stand out as being anything particularly special.. I'd like to have seen an art book though.

EDIT: Perhaps 'off the ground' was a bad choice of words, he is an established author.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

HMV in Canada offering the same deal?

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By MEATBALL
    @JusticeCat said:
    " @MEATBALL:  http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780140258424/The-Tesseract - Doesn't sound like it! looks like hes trying to use the hype of Enslaved to get his book off the ground... The ingame orchestral score didn't stand out as being anything particularly special.. I'd like to have seen an art book though.  EDIT: Perhaps 'off the ground' was a bad choice of words, he is an established author. "
    I thought the score had the occasional track that was really good, the song heard when using the Cloud for the first time being the first to spring to mind.
    Burn1n9m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Burn1n9m4n
    @MEATBALL:  

I'm not sure if the soundtrack is complete, but it is labelled as the original soundtrack. So I would assume it has all of the music on it. It's 18 tracks which I'm pretty sure show up in game (I'm not far into the game so perhaps someone who has beaten it and heard the disc can give a better answer). The music is orchestral, but it also mixes in techno elements to make something unique. Additionally many of the tracks contain audio from the characters. As for the Tesseract, I think the book was made before the game came out. But judging by the back cover description it doesn't sound like a bad read if you're into darker stories.
    Burn1n9m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Burn1n9m4n
    @JusticeCat:  

A quick check of the book's copyright date shows that it came out back in 1998. I think he's a decade too late for hyping it ;). But as I said to Meatball, the back cover description sounds interesting enough.
    JusticeCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By JusticeCat
    @Burn1n9m4n See my edit, did notice that :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.