Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Europa Universalis III

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 02, 2007

A "grand strategy game" where players can play as any nation on earth and explore, trade, colonize and conquer their way to global supremacy.

Anyone else have a favorite game like this?

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MC_Izawa

I don't buy AAA blockbuster titles.  Name any 'masterpiece' from last year and I haven't played it.  I don't have the time or money to buy every $60 'experience' that I play through once, put on a shelf in it's limited edition collectors case, and defend on gaming forums until it's replaced in my mind by another recent title that got good reviews.  I'd much rather boot up good ol' EU3.  I've played this game for hours and hours and hours and I still don't have half a clue what I'm doing.  I've only played three countries extensively.  I get my ass beat on normal.  The possibilities on this game are so seemingly limitless that I can lose myself for hours at a time pressing the spacebar.  Does this game have awesome graphics that melt my $10,000 72" 1080p plasma screen?  Does it cause my $2,000 'gaming rig' with seven graphics cards to crash every 30 seconds?  Do my bowels erupt every time the Dolby 10.1 surround sound lets out an explosion?  Do I get to have rousing conversations with fellow messageboard users about how EU4 will kick ass because Random Japanese Man is doing the music for it, or how the PS3 has a better lineup of similar games?
    Am I really missing out on the fun by not playing the HAWT NEW GAMES?
    I don't think so.

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Will1Lucky

Lol long wait for EU4

Paradox are working on Hearts of Iron 3 which is due for release next month and they will then be beginning work on another project but that is expected to either be an entirely new game in the series or one of their old 2D games brought onto the 3D engine.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Termite

I think EU3 is indeed a pretty good game, although I never got that into it myself.

That doesn't stop me from enjoying the big releases though.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hunkulese
    @MC_Izawa Why are you such an angry and bitter person?
    Aarun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Aarun

Anyone still play this game? Think I clocked over 260 hours in this game...

Kharisian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kharisian

While I'm well late, most definitely play this game. One of the first where I got my butt handed to me on a silver platter, and the expansions made this even better ; it's nice playing a game where every move impacts dozens of things, rather than one or two. Originally I'd thought I'd hate it (being an expansion minded player and all) but it turns out... I actually like it.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mtcantor
    Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Jrad

EU3 and its expansions (and to a lesser extent, Vicky 2 and CK2) are my favorite games. Not 'favorite strategy games' or 'favorite PC games' but literally my favorite games, full stop. I'm just hoping Paradox's next project is Rome 2 given how amazing it could be if it were polished to CK2's standard.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posting in a three year old thread, because I can - not because I have anything to add.

The OP was mostly spouting his supposed "indie-ness" anyway, which MB promptly disproved :P

Lock?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.