Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable Anniversary

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 04, 2014

An Xbox 360 remastering of the original Fable game, including the extra (originally cut) content from Fable: The Lost Chapters. Released on February 4, 2014 in both boxed and digital forms.

Anyone had a chance to play this yet?

nok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I won the original but never played the additional content released for it. Just wondering if it felt like a good version or not.

nok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By nok

@nok said:

I won the original but never played the additional content released for it. Just wondering if it felt like a good version or not.

Stupid fat fingers didn't mean won meant own.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

Played through until you "graduate" from the hero guild. It graphically feels somewhere between Fable 2 and 3. The controls feel a bit clunky compared to modern games but overall it seems fine. It also has some pretty funny achievements. If you really enjoyed the original and want a reason to play it again it might be worth checking out.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Jedted

Any chance on this being released for PC?

SkankinPacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SkankinPacman

@jedted: Lionhead said something like "If there is demand for it we will release it on PC" or something along those lines. Not sure how true it was though.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I've been playing it a lot since release. I'm a pretty big Fable mark so my word may be sketchy at best; I think it's great. It takes a little bit to get used to the controls and general mechanics considering this is a ten year old game with a fresh coat of paint, but it's definitely worth it in my mind.

If you liked the first Fable, don't hesitate.

mudig99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mudig99

I'm a very big fan of the original Fable...it's one of the few games I've beaten over 3 times so of course I was getting this game. It's pretty much Fable...but I am quite disappointed with the graphical improvements. The texture is muddy, and there's a lot of pop in. It's nothing like Halo Anniversary where the game was actually appealing to look at. I guess the Unreal engine is just too dated and over-used because the game looks crappy to me.

EDIT: I suggest buying Fable TLC on PC and download the hi-res mod. It looks a lot better than this.

nok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the replies everyone! I believe I will go and grab it tonight.

Spike_b0i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing the game a bit this week, I believe I am about 5 hours in or so. It has a really nice new control scheme option that is similar to Fable 2 and 3 I have had some issues. My first issue is that the day one edition dlc, pre order dlc, and paid dlc hasn't been working in game, meaning the items associated do not appear in the game. I didn't buy any dlc but I did download the day one edition dlc and it's supposed to be located in the guild store when you reach adulthood and it isn't. I've read some other posts online of people complaining that they can't find the pre order dlc or paid items at the stores that they were listed as appearing in after purchasing or entering the codes. I looked at some other forums and some people were saying it's an xbox live server issue but I don't know how true that is. I do know the file size for the add on items is supposed to be around 108kb but on my hard-drive after it's downloaded it only shows as 56kb I've deleted and re-downloaded without any luck. One other issue I've had is the game has completely locked up and crashed 3 or 4 times typically when I'm running in the lookout point area or the apple orchard farm area. Finally, the save system is kinda weird it just saves your progress up to the last checkpoint so even if you select the save option from the start menu and create a save slot when you go back to play the game you pick up at a previous checkpoint. Overall the game plays well, hopefully they can patch and fix the issues I mentioned above. If I'd known about these issues I would have maybe held off on purchasing it.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Really enjoy it, but i'm a huge Fable fan.

I have to say i do like what MS has done with their HD remakes, they actually put considerable effort into Halo and Fable Anniversary. They could have just up scaled it and slapped "HD" on it like most people, but they didn't. Here's hoping the Halo 2 Anniversary rumor is true.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.