Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Trading

Vaile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Vaile

Does anyone know if you can trade with other people?

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Termite

You mean like trading with other real players?

I haven't heard anything along those lines, and I doubt that they would put something like that in the game.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Hmmm, that'd be cool. Like MMO style, but in co-op?

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#4  Edited By ManMadeGod

Do you me with NPCs? or Real people?
    I'm sure you will be able to drop stuff for others to pick up in co-op.
    As for NPCs, Peter M. confirmed that they took the merchant job out of Fable 2. Don't ask me why.

Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Rio

There has been some talk about trading items with friends that come to your game...... I dont know if Trade was the exact wording but they said you can give items to each other, so thats how I took it.  I suppose the question really is what kind of items can you give each other which also leads to more questions about how you attain items in Fable 2.  

Trade would really only make sense if there is a somewhat randomized item pool built into the game, otherwise people would not trade any items worth trading for a few reasons:  You can always keep playing being assured you can get them yourself,  or you wouldnt trade what you have for fear of never obtaining it again.  If anyone has heard information on how items work this time around i would appreciate it, I have not found anything yet.

Ozzimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ozzimo
    Rio said:
    "There has been some talk about trading items with friends that come to your game...... I dont know if Trade was the exact wording but they said you can give items to each other, so thats how I took it.  I suppose the question really is what kind of items can you give each other which also leads to more questions about how you attain items in Fable 2.  

Trade would really only make sense if there is a somewhat randomized item pool built into the game, otherwise people would not trade any items worth trading for a few reasons:  You can always keep playing being assured you can get them yourself,  or you wouldnt trade what you have for fear of never obtaining it again.  If anyone has heard information on how items work this time around i would appreciate it, I have not found anything yet."
    I have heard simmilar statements as the first paragraph. More gifting than trading. One would assume though you wouldn't get traded anything that might break the game though. Like uber weapons or the Halo armor etc.
    Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Rio

as if anyone would really be willing to give them up anyway, considering what we can guess from Fable 1 item system.......... basically my point.   I think it will all be gifting in the nature of more novelty items.   I dont need a trade system in Fable.

Edit: and of course your more basic consumption based materials to help friends during coop.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By kush

If I can trade my kid for some gold...then I'll do it!

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By aaox

Unless Fable 2's massively expanded the amount of stuff WORTH trading, then I don't really think I'd want that. But I think Fable 2's going to be bigger, better, and more bad ass indeed.

Thanks, Cliff!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.