Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 4

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

The Fallout series continues in a post-apocalyptic Boston, Massachusetts.

Pipboy disappearing

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Got a nice glitch where occasionally when you pull up pipboy you just end up staring at blurry ground - as if your arm and pipboy are invisible. Happened a few times so far, restarting the game solves the problem. Ironically, first time it happened is when the character goes through the special animation of pulling it off a skeleton when you first acquire it. I hit E to pick it up only to get a floating blurry screen for a while.

Avatar image for paganbaconsmith
    PaganBaconsmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've had that bug as well, it was also accompanied with a disappearing weapon. Oddly, the interface and shooting still worked, it just didn't show any view-point model at all. For me, besides restarting, it also fixed itself after using a crafting station (probably because that triggers that short third person sequence of you starting to work at the station?)

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't happen to have a stealth armor part ? I picked up a legendary that gives me enhanced stealth when not moving and every time I crouch and stand still my character turns into your traditional videogame stealth silhouette. If I bring up my Pip-boy while in that state the effect remains making my Pip-boy invisible.

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By Wraithtek

Next time it happens, try switching to third person mode, then back to first person (Back button on 360 controller, V for keyboard?).

Started the game last night. Happened to me once, and swapping first/third person seemed to fix it.

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had that bug as well, it was also accompanied with a disappearing weapon. Oddly, the interface and shooting still worked, it just didn't show any view-point model at all. For me, besides restarting, it also fixed itself after using a crafting station (probably because that triggers that short third person sequence of you starting to work at the station?)

This happened to me as well with both the Pip-Boy and weapon disappearing. Happened after I picked a lock. I just reloaded a save as I was nervous about creating any broken saves with it gone.

leftie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As pointed out earlier, you don't need to restart or load a previous game. You just need to move to 3rd person view and back into first person view (for PC users, scroll the mouse scroller).

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42 said:

You don't happen to have a stealth armor part ? I picked up a legendary that gives me enhanced stealth when not moving and every time I crouch and stand still my character turns into your traditional videogame stealth silhouette. If I bring up my Pip-boy while in that state the effect remains making my Pip-boy invisible.

I have this same thing. I was so happy to get that piece of armor because I'm playing really stealthy but now I don't know If I can keep using it. So annoying to never be able to pull up my Pip Boy while sneaking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.