Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Ed-E Disappeared?

TFG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TFG

Ed-e has disappeared, has anyone else had this problem, or a problem with companions going away? It's been in game days and Ed-e still hasn't come back. =(

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

What platform do you have?  If you have PC I can tell you how to fix this using the console.

TFG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TFG

Yeah i'm on the PC.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89
    @TFG: Assuming Fallout 3 codes work on New Vegas, here are a few suggestions, actually just one really (I've set the ID, or number you see, affixed to the end of the codes to ED-E, however if it doesn't work correctly, then please refer to this page): 

Moves you to the specified NPC.player.moveto 001732d1
    Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Choi

She disappeared in my game too! But I'm playing on 360 =( 
    I think it's because of this bug:  
    In Vault 22, when you set gas afire while companion is not inside secure computer room, it will be killed permanently (removed from game). You will have to play around with console to get him back.   
    I still have her Enhanced Sensors perk, so I guess she is still technically in my party which is a bummer, I can't take someone else because that slot is taken, right? I have a charisma of 7, so I could have more than 1 NPC with me, right? I had Veronica and ED-E, could I have Veronica and Boone if not for the bug?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @Choi: 
    No, you can't have Veronica and Boone. You can only have one humanoid (Boone, Veronica, etc.) and one other (ED-E or Rex).

As for ED-E disappearing, try retracing your steps to see if you can find it. I've had a few cases of my companions getting automatically set to "Hold Position" mode, and I've left them behind without noticing.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#7  Edited By alistercat

If you have the PC version you can get a mod for unlimited companions. I have about 6 right now. I like to pretend I'm running my own merc company.

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Choi
    @AlisterCat: Oooo, damn, just stick the knife and twist it a little now, would ya!? I don't have a rig that can run it, I would play it on the PC otherwise.  

@Chaser324:
    I went through the whole vault, I can't find it. =( 
    I'm really bummed out.  I think I'm gonna start over or load AAALOOOT earlier...  

=(
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By infininja
    @Choi: Any particular reason you've given him a feminine moniquer?
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ryanwho

That's a bummer, but there's always robodog. Who I think is better anyhow. Get Lily and robodog and you're basically never getting targeted yourself cus those two are just rushing in (unless you're dealing with 5 or more people).

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Choi
    @Infininja: When I say ED-E, it sounds like a female name to me, something like a female Eddie. It's just me I guess. 

@ryanwho: The main problem thing is, I guess, that although she is not around, she still takes the companion slot. At least, it's like that for me because I still have ED-E's perk. I didn't encounter Rex yet, so I don't know if I won't be able to enlist him in my ranks.
    Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This happened with me and V, I had to retrace my steps to find her and after I found her I told her to go to the Lucky 38.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By infininja
    @Choi: You won't be able to bring Rex with you. 

I know once I did ED-E's quest he got stuck at the beginning of every loading zone I came to.
    x11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By x11

same thing happened to me with ed-e after i did his quest and got his gun upgraded it said we was back in primm but i was by goodsprings so i go there tell him to fallow after about 5 min playing i noticed he wasn't there but i still have his perks and i went back to were i found him he wasn't there i looked at primm not there i tried doing the vault 22 trick and the in game waiting trick and nothing happened i,m playing on 360

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By melcene
    @x11: Did you go into the building in Primm where you first got him?  I forget the name of the people who live there, but its the one with the Mojave Express sign on it.

The one problem I've been having with ED-E,  is that sometimes, even when you have him set to passive, he goes off to attack something that has put you into caution mode.  I've nearly lost him in Vaults because he will take off to god knows where to start attacking everything that might be detecting me.
    x11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By x11
    @melcene: yea. i looked every were around primm, goodsprings, and even the Mojave outpost.
    molocho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By molocho

I lost ED-E as well after getting the upgrades from the Brotherhood of Steel. I manually told him to wait before the entrance of Quarry Junction because the Deathclaws would munch him within seconds while i fight them. 

So i knew where he was in the first place. After i finished the slaughter with one hell of a lot Missiles, i played for a dozen of hours without him. Now i want to have Rex as companion, but as you might have read above, that doesn't work if you're with ED-E.

I opened the console and entered
    player.moveto 001732cf 
    (You might want to follow the link of rjb89 posted earlier in this thread if you haven't upgraded ED-E by now)

This worked for getting me exactly where i lost ED-E as i remembered BUT he is not there anymore! So now the problem is making him reappear, regardless where he is. I've been to Vault 34 before and Boone/ED-E appeared suddenly. My problem occured after that and the Vault 34-trick seems to work only once, since it does not work anymore.

Any suggestions or solutions?

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stete

For me, the quickest non-console way to make lost companions reappear was to go to Vault 34 and use the broken elevator (after you repaired it of course). Once you reach a new floor your companions should reappear infront of you. Make sure that once that happens you talk to them and make them follow you.

J0n3s1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By J0n3s1

Mine dissappeared too, it had some pretty expensive stuff with it.

brnt7342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By brnt7342

Guys GOOD NEWS! I went to Vault 22 on the xbox 360, rode the elevator and he reappeared! :D Thanks for the tip Stete.

yaksquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By yaksquid

I play on the 360, and I found that in some situations ED-E can die, but you will still have it as a companion and you will keep the enhanced sensors perk.

It happened to me near the Nellis air force base when the boomers shot at me with artillery.  When taking a direct hit, ED-E will simply explode and disappear from the game. It is easy to miss since the dialog does not appear and you keep the perk.

I didn't notice until much later. I tried the tricks I found here and elsewhere, including going up and down in elevators, waiting for a very long time, etc. I had to reload an old save to figure out what happened.

If you have the same problem and can't make ED-E reappear, you might want to consider reloading an old save since I've read (not sure if this is true) that you will not be able to complete some of the late game questlines otherwise. Those quests require you to leave all companions behind, which you will not be able do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.