Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

How to solve Mod crash issues.

Louse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Louse

So, I got a bunch of mods (5 different ones, some of them with 5-6 files each) and now the game crashes. Not really a big surprise.

However, I have spent the last 45 minutes turning on and off random mods, starting new games, and still having the game crash on me.

Is there some fancy trick to figuring out where the conflicts are? Or do I just have hours and hours of turning things on and off to go?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

When everything else fails re-install the game.

Louse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Louse
    @TheDudeOfGaming said:
    " When everything else fails re-install the game. "
    Reinstall? Wouldn't turning the mods off fix it if I can't get them to work? Or am I misunderstanding how the mods work? I thought they never actually changed the game files.

And I'll save that as a last resort anyway, I don't want to spend another fifteen+ hours redownloading it from Steam. -_-
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Well dude you can load up that save once you reinstall the game provided you remove any mod items you might have equipped at the time.
    I assume you downloaded the mods from fallout nexus?
    Go there find the mods you have installed and check for the compatibility issues/bugs.
    Like i said re-installing the game should fix it,but that can be considered a last resort. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.