Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Name Placement: Just what are the odds?

Immuniity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Immuniity

A few days ago i was doing a quest in Helios one when upon activating a computer i was informed of a by-gone event involving a visit from a general. I read over it with minimal interest, as i do with most documents, simply in order to absorb all facets but not exactly care for all the detail...when i noticed a particular name came up. Scott Lowe.

Now this isn't exactly an uncommon name, im sure thousands of people have that exact name. It just so happens to be the name of an editor at IGN.
     http://au.stars.ign.com/objects/142/14276135.html

Naturally this means nothing. A one off event, a blip on the radar...But something like this has already happened.

Enter Colin Moriarty from fallout 3.
     http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Colin_Moriarty

More importantly, enter Colin Moriarty...an IGN editor.
     http://au.stars.ign.com/objects/142/14238075.html

Now im not crying conspiracy or bribes or anything like that. I just think its interesting that clearly someone is either purposefully or absent mindedly taking names from editors from video games sites. Has anyone else noticed any other names pop up? Is this some variety of gaming community easter egg?

Can we expect a battled hardened ranger by the name of Brad Shoemaker or perhaps a drug runner by the name of Jeff Gerstmann to appear in another Fallout game?

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Pinworm45

It's probably an easter egg combined with the thought that if the editors see said easter egg, they might appreciate the game a bit more and perhaps it'll get a higher score. 

No reason not to, I guess.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mikemcn

Colin Moriarty was a jerk though, if I were an IGN editor I'd be offended.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.