Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

New Vegas' Title Update

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Getz

So I noticed when I booted up the game this evening that a patch just went up. I didn't get to mess around with the game much yet, so I was wondering if you guys have noticed if any of the frame-rate issues or general buggy-ness has gone away. One thing I did notice was they fixed Caravan so the computer can actually beat you :)

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By foggel

Yeah framerate has been improved, now that you say it. And it haven't crashed yet. As for caravan, I don't understand that game. And it requires too much mental effort to get into.

nitronomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By nitronomicon

downloaded the title update and now the game is worse than ever.  playing on 360 and now whenever i try and load it tells me that the downloadable content no longer exists and the save drive is no longer valid.  wtf?  you want a new vegas walkthrough?  1)  buy the game.  2) play for 15 minutes.  3) don't bother saving said game.  4) watch sean anners play minecraft while listening to the melvins and drinking hendrick's gin and tonics with razor thin slices of cucumber.  5) call your congressman / woman and demand that giantbomb be recognized as a city state.  6) go to bed and when you wake up see if there is a working title update for new vegas

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Dustpan

I thought the patch was to fix quest and scripting errors, not frame-rate issues.

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dustpan
    @nitronomicon: Clear your xbox 360's system cache. It will remove all of the game patches you have on your system. Should fix your problem.
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Sooperspy

The update has actually made it worse for me it seems. The first day it was laggy and crashed but on Wed. and Thurs. it was fine. Today it got a little laggy, load times were horrible, and it crashed again. At least there were no glitches with enemies stuck in walls.

gettodachoppa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gettodachoppa
    @Redbullet685 said:
    " The update has actually made it worse for me it seems. The first day it was laggy and crashed but on Wed. and Thurs. it was fine. Today it got a little laggy, load times were horrible, and it crashed again. At least there were no glitches with enemies stuck in walls. "
    Agreed, my load times have been atrocious today, sometimes as long as a minute and a half.  I think Jeff was right when he said the load times get worse the longer you play, although the update definitely could have something to do with it as well.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

Don't flatter Bethesda and Obsidian with the phrase "title updates."  These are patches.  Patches to fix what's busted.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Getz
    @nitronomicon: Melvins solve everything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.