Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

[PC] FPS Fix - Works f***ing amazingly!

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By JoeyRavn
    http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34778 

Yes, I know I sound like the ShamWow guy, but trust me, this works. I was getting 45FPS with my settings on the default High (x2 AA, x8 AF). I used that fix and now I'm maxing everything and running the game at constant 60FPS. Try it and see, you'll shit bricks* with the performance boost.

PS: Sorry if this has already been posted. Most (if not all) the discussion about this game is very console-centric. Us poor PC owners are always forgotten :( 

*Literally
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gizmo

The fix definately improves framerate, but it also makes the game a hell of a lot uglier, even on ultra. 

Honestly, Fallout 3 with mods looks SO much better then New Vegas  at this moment.

endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By endless_void

I'll try it out.. does this affect the game negatively in any way...?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JoeyRavn
    @endless_void said:
    " I'll try it out.. does this affect the game negatively in any way...? "
    To be honest, this quick fix seems to work differently for everyone. Most of the comments I'm reading (and myself included) have no problem with it, have a huge FPS boost and no quality loss. I don't know why Gizmo says it makes the game uglier. I've seen no difference in the graphics so far. Try it and see how it works for you.
    Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Dustpan
    @endless_void:  From what I've heard, no.
    endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By endless_void
    @JoeyRavn:@JustTheDoctor:  Ok I'll just have to try it out then, thanks for the replys folks.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JoeyRavn
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " Thread made "
    Crap. Sorry. I swear I searched before posting this, but the search engine in the Whiskey Media sites is not as precise as I'd like it to be :( Anyway, at least it's in the first page now, but if the mods want to close this one, we can bump the first one.
    Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Edwardryu

it is forced me to make medium setting for video. I can't accept it because medium graphic looks very ugly I tried before. but thank you for making this.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JoeyRavn
    @Edwardryu said:
    " it is forced me to make medium setting for video. I can't accept it because medium graphic looks very ugly I tried before. but thank you for making this. "
    First of all, I didn't make, I'm not taking credit for this. But still, you can (and should) set everything to your liking after the launcher re-detects your "new" settings. I think it will always put everything in Medium, but you can pump it up to Ultra with no problems (if your PC can actually handle it, of course).
    lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By lucas_kelly
    @Gizmo said:
    " The fix definately improves framerate, but it also makes the game a hell of a lot uglier, even on ultra.  Honestly, Fallout 3 with mods looks SO much better then New Vegas  at this moment. "
    Hell of a lot uglier? I didn't notice any difference at all. 

Anyway the fix defiantly helps a lot.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrKlorox

Yeah, no noticeable quality loss and hell of frame rate improvement. I seem to be getting a lot more crashes on average than I was getting in my time with Fallout 3, but that might not have anything to do with the dll. Either way the FPS bonus is way worth it and game is actually compelling enough to make me want to boot it back up every time. Everybody should try this.

(edit2: I read that it sometimes causes crashes on multi monitor systems. Perhaps that's why I'm crashing. It's usually upon unholstering my weapon or attacking or entering vats.)

edit1: 

@Edwardryu

said:

" it is forced me to make medium setting for video. I can't accept it because medium graphic looks very ugly I tried before. but thank you for making this. "

It won't let you change at all? Not even with editing the ini file to match High or Very High settings? I know the dll resets the auto-quality to medium the first time you run the game with it, but changing back to High in the settings totally worked for me.
    fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fentonalpha

I found after installing it the game set to the defaults, that's probably what people are experiencing.  I boosted to ultra high and it runs great... my PC is not that great either.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Venatio

I might have to try this, I have a pretty good PC that cun run alot of modern games on ultra without problems but the framrate slows down very frequently and it's really annoying

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.