Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

The blue star bottle caps?

SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SilenceUK

So i am only a few hours into the game and through murder and a mini glitch i have a fair stack of them already ..... without being too spoilery how many do you actualy need?
    sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#2  Edited By sammo21
    @SilenceUK: no idea.  Have you run into people trying to get them from you?  I ran into the first merchant who tells you about it and then on the way to...Primm...or wherever you see the town demolished by Legion I was attacked by a lady pretending to be in trouble.  I thought if you had enough someone came to you?
    zegolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By zegolf
    @SilenceUK: From "Cha Cha: Answers from the People"  (I don't really think this is a spoiler, but just in case)

zegolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zegolf
    @SilenceUK: And a follow-up: 
    SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SilenceUK

had the first guy who intros you to them killed him got a few from his body then ran into a couple fighting killed the girl got some from her and then asked the guy for his to keep him safe and fo some reason it bugged and i could ask him for them twice  

Also found a few around and on a couple of dead raiders etc not that many it seems in teh big picture but like 20plus in the first few hours seemed high to me
    J0n3s1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By J0n3s1

What!? Over 50!? I have played this game like 40 hours and I have about 10 of them..

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By haggis

I got a lot early on, and then haven't seen any for quite a while. I haven't really been looking, though. If it's just a side-story element, I doubt I'll go out of my way for them.

zegolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zegolf
    Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Dustpan

You get most of the caps from just finding them in the world, can't image how many Sunset Sarsaparillas you would have to drink.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SilenceUK

Hmmm well once i decide to try and fight these 6 or 7 guys ive just ran into out side pimm i might get the chance to find more lol
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Pie

Im 30 hours in and haven't found any!

lozzer22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lozzer22

I kinda cheated and entered player.additem 00103b1c 1000 into the console, this gave me 1000 of the star caps but I haven't had anyone attacking me for them yet.

InitialP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By InitialP

If you ever see crates with 2 big X's there are usually a few bottles. And you can also find them in   Sunset Sarsaparilla vending machines of course. Just be sure to drink the stuff and a cap will be added to your inventory.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187

I haven't found any, but I also haven't been looking.

INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By INV2

Remember that you have a 10 percent chance of pulling one when busting open a new bottle of that SASSY fresh taste!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#17  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

You can get a bunch just by drinking the Sarsaprilla bottles when you find them.  About one of ten will have a special cap, and the machines seem to refill at a decent clip.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bass

The new vegas wiki shows a 5% chance of getting a blue star cap off a fresh bottle of sarsaparilla. But they can also be found just about anywhere that there is a few empty bottles just hanging around (among other, normal caps). I have somewhere around 22 or so. You need 51 of them in order for them to be useful.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mmmslash

With 51 caps, head to the Sunset Sarsaparilla bottling plant, and speak with Festus. You'll know him when you see him.

Other than a story, you'll find a bit more narrative, a unique Laser Pistol, and you'll have proof that you are a real Sunset Deputy...

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By jadegl

Whenever I am in a place that has empty Sunset Sarsaparilla bottles on the counters or tables I seem to always find one on the table next to it. I am maybe about 20 hours in and have over 30.  I have never gotten one from drinking the soda though, even though I have probably ingested at least 20,  just to see what happens.

JamesBoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JamesBoyce

I dunno how you guys haven't found more of the caps... are you just playing along the storyline and nothing else?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @JamesBoyce: 
    They are easy to miss, especially if you are not looking for them.
    I've done almost all sidequests leveled to 30 long before finishing the game and explored while not everything more than 75% of the locations and still ended up with about only 35 caps by the end of the game even tho there are 101 in the world statically placed. Like I said they are easy to miss.
    JamesBoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JamesBoyce
    @Tennmuerti: Really?  They're usually lying next to a bottle of Sunset Sarsparilla in little houses and what not, just remote areas.  There's also two characters, Tomaz/Tomas and some chick who you encounter somewhere on the far-west of the wasteland, they start fighting as soon as you get near 'em.  They both have quite a few of them on them.  I haven't been looking at all and I have about twenty, not finished the sidequests yet and I've not seen anywhere near all of the map yet.  I guess I just got lucky...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.