Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Weapons with High DT overcomingness?

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Mrnitropb

Just fought a battle with a crapload of various robots that took me forever becasue that damn Red Shield DT thing kept me from more than scratching the bastards. I'm level 20, and am scouring the heck out of this game, and am getting really frustrated with this freaking mechanic.  
     What are some good weapons that have a high Damage Threshold rating thing, but that aren't going to blow my leg off in close quarters like C4 or the Fat man?

easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By easthill

Boone.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Tennmuerti

sniper rifles and anti material rifles with AP ammo
    mele weapons like super sledges
    gauss rifles

basically any weapon that has a very big DMG number is best even if overall DPS is not the best
    plus use Armor Piercing ammo

Veronica can also do very heavy damage to them even with default weapon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Yeah, it seems like a lot of those enemies are just about keeping your companion healed so they can annihilate them.  Boone is best for dudes with guns and armor, because he always goes for headshots, which usually bypasses the armor altogether.  Veronica has a bit more survivability against melee combatants, though cazadors and big radscorpions can still wear her out.

I still haven't found a decent strategy for radscorpions, other than running backwards in huge circles and plugging them with half my ammo.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Brodehouse: 
    Do you mean the giant ones?
    Because the other kind are pretty wimpy.

Like I said above sniper rifles tend to do well due to high dmg.
    At the moment I can 2 shot a giant radscorpion to the tail with a sniper rifle using AP ammo, which takes 1 VATS round.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.