Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

From the Armory

• 86 results
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Demilich

Just wondering what everyone's been spending their diamonds on. I'm rolling with a MAC-10, Dart Rifle and either a SPAS-12 or the Bolt Rifle. I'm not sure if I should buy the camo suit though. I kind of need some explosives. Maybe the Grenade Launcher or RPG.

Avatar image for galvanizednails
    GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GalvanizedNails

im guessing diamonds are your currency? i only had time to play about 45 minutes of it yesterday so i only played the first 3 missions or so so no diamonds so far

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

I have only played for a few hours so I've only bought the initially available assault rifle.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

The G3 is the worst piece of shit rifle in a game ever!  There is no reasonable explanation why it should take half a magazine or more to kill one dude from about 50 yards out.  Crouched, not moving, using the sights, firing in 3-4 round burst...this is just dumb.  I hope the assault rifles get a lot better and that the upgrading actually makes guns like this usable.

Seriously...the game has these features that are meant to be ultra realistic such as weapons that jam if they're rusty, yet I can put 3 or 4 rounds into a dude's head from 50 meters and he just shakes them off. 

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Demilich
    MB said:
    "The G3 is the worst piece of shit rifle in a game ever!  There is no reasonable explanation why it should take half a magazine or more to kill one dude from about 50 yards out.  Crouched, not moving, using the sights, firing in 3-4 round burst...this is just dumb.  I hope the assault rifles get a lot better and that the upgrading actually makes guns like this usable.

Seriously...the game has these features that are meant to be ultra realistic such as weapons that jam if they're rusty, yet I can put 3 or 4 rounds into a dude's head from 50 meters and he just shakes them off. "

Play past the very start? The G3 isn't a bad weapon in real life, but in the game it's your first rifle. I've got the first Sniper rifle and it almost always kills in one hit. From what I've gathered this game isn't typical with weaponry. Later on you've got some pretty powerful shit. Mortars, Flamethrowers, Heat Seeking Rocket Launchers, .50cal Rifles. The weapons don't feel weak to me. Also I've had no problems with headshot hit detection. Shot a dude with a 9mm at long range in the head and he dropped instantly.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kush

I also haven't had any problems with the G3 at all. If I shoot them in the head they go down and if I shoot them in the chest it may take 6 shots for them to go down...not that big of a problem for me. I can't wait to get my first sniper rifle though, these current mission just scream "Use a sniper rifle!!!"

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Demilich

The Bolt Rifle is fucking awesome. I actually love the fact that sometimes people survive my shots. That way I can chase them down and shove my machete through their chest as they crawl away.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kush

I love finishing off people with the machete as well. I shot one guy driving a car and he ended up driving into a tree, then falling out of the car and started to crawl away... so I ran up to his ass and stuck that machete right into his chest. I am really enjoying the game so far and enjoying my machete as well!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kush

Just bought my first sniper rifle; can't wait to use it on some deserving heads...and maybe the occasional goat.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mike

I've only seen one goat so far.  He looked at me funny, so I executed him with a rusty machete.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Demilich

I didn't have the heart to kill the goats or zebras I saw, but I'll dismember the first motherfucker who looks at my the wrong way.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kush
    Demilich said:
    "I didn't have the heart to kill the goats or zebras I saw, but I'll dismember the first motherfucker who looks at my the wrong way."
    Well you're not missing out on much...the animals just go limb when you kill them (at least when using a machete).
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mike

I was quite disappointed when I shot a chicken though - they just flop over as if they're made of rubber and no feathers fly out or anything.  That sucked.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kush
    MB said:
    "I was quite disappointed when I shot a chicken though - they just flop over as if they're made of rubber and no feathers fly out or anything.  That sucked."
    If a realistic hunting game with great animal A.I could come out using this engine I would be thrilled. I'm not a hunter, but I think there is the ability for someone to make an awesome (actually good) hunting game.
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By DualReaver

I'm only 3 and half hours in so I'm rolling with a M1903, silenced 9mm and flamethrower. I want that AS50!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kush
    DualReaver said:
    "Right now I'm about go play more I'm only 3 and half hours in so I'm rolling with a M1903, silenced 9mm and flamethrower. I want that AS50!"
    I really need to get a silenced side-arm because I currently have no real stealth option, besides the machete of course.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Demilich
    DualReaver said:
    "I'm only 3 and half hours in so I'm rolling with a M1903, silenced 9mm and flamethrower. I want that AS50!"

I want to know how to get the Arms Dealer to come back. I've done all the missions I can for now and I'm not sure how to unlock more D:
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By DualReaver
    Kush said:
    "DualReaver said:
    "Right now I'm about go play more I'm only 3 and half hours in so I'm rolling with a M1903, silenced 9mm and flamethrower. I want that AS50!"
    I really need to get a silenced side-arm because I currently have no real stealth option, besides the machete of course."
    It's actually really fun sneaking around a base silently taking out guys.

Demilich said:
    "DualReaver said:
    "I'm only 3 and half hours in so I'm rolling with a M1903, silenced 9mm and flamethrower. I want that AS50!"

I want to know how to get the Arms Dealer to come back. I've done all the missions I can for now and I'm not sure how to unlock more D:"
    Chapter 2 or Act 2 whatever it is?
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kush

@DualReaver: You got through Act 1 in 3 and half hours!?

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Demilich

I don't even know what missions to do to progress the main story.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kush
    Demilich said:
    "I don't even know what missions to do to progress the main story."
    I think you may get random calls when you do side missions, but I'm not really sure either. I did just get a call to kill someone who was supposed to kill the Jackal before me, but I'm not exactly sure how I go about getting that mission...though I didn't pay close attention to the phone call because I wanted to go buy me a sniper rifle.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Demilich

I just did all the arms dealer missions, now I'm grabbing whatever from the town in the middle of the map. I did do one of the telephone assassinations. It was sweet, but paid pretty poorly.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kush

I did one in town mission first and then a buddy side mission. I am now going on my first arms dealer mission to take out some convoy.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lunarbunny

I want the dealer back. I had an AS50 that was sitting at a safehouse, but it was in pretty bad condition and after about 50 rounds blew up in my hands...just...barrel, gone...

Current loadout: MAC-10, SVD, Dart Rifle. I liked the M1903 Springfield but I like not having to take my eye off the scope to cycle the action. I occasionally use the silenced Makarov but the MAC-10 is more useful to me. Carl Gustav was awesome (found one in a safehouse) but it wore out.
    I got the camo, it helps quite a bit but I'm not sure it's worth all of the 45 diamonds it takes to buy it.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By Gunner

I find that a SAW and an AK-47 does almost any job. Only problem i have is finding ammo for the SAW. Kush said:

"I love finishing off people with the machete as well. I shot one guy driving a car and he ended up driving into a tree, then falling out of the car and started to crawl away... so I ran up to his ass and stuck that machete right into his chest. I am really enjoying the game so far and enjoying my machete as well!"
    Reminds me of this time when i was driving down a road, a jeep just comes flying out of nowhere, hits a stump and flies over me then hits a tree.. scared the shit out of me. After a brief firefight i find him crawling back to his jeep, finished him off with the machete.
    Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lunarbunny
    Gunner said:
    "I find that a SAW and an AK-47 does almost any job. Only problem i have is finding ammo for the SAW. Kush said:
    "I love finishing off people with the machete as well. I shot one guy driving a car and he ended up driving into a tree, then falling out of the car and started to crawl away... so I ran up to his ass and stuck that machete right into his chest. I am really enjoying the game so far and enjoying my machete as well!"
    Reminds me of this time when i was driving down a road, a jeep just comes flying out of nowhere, hits a stump and flies over me then hits a tree.. scared the shit out of me. After a brief firefight i find him crawling back to his jeep, finished him off with the machete."
    Hehe. I was getting chased by 2 technicals at one point when all of the sudden the front one hits a rock, rolls, and explodes, blocking the road for the other technical.

On another note, can anybody tell me which slot and how effective the flare gun is?
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Demilich

Flare Gun is secondary. It's pretty cool, but not very practical. It lights stuff on fire, which is nothing you can't do with a Molotov.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lunarbunny
    Demilich said:
    "Flare Gun is secondary. It's pretty cool, but not very practical. It lights stuff on fire, which is nothing you can't do with a Molotov."
    How and how well does the "call in opposing militia" work?
    Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Currently using an AK47 and a silenced pistol. Heh, the pistol is really effective if I can just sneak up on 3 or 4 people at a time. Sometimes I get really lucky.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Demilich

Uhhh, not sure what you're talking about.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lunarbunny

I just found a gold-plated AK-47 without a stock O.o

Also you're supposed to be able to use the flare gun by shooting it up in the air which will then supposedly subsequently bring in opposing militia troops. I may just buy it and try it myself, I do have a lot of diamonds now.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gunner
    Lunarbunny said:
    "I just found a gold-plated AK-47 without a stock O.o

Also you're supposed to be able to use the flare gun by shooting it up in the air which will then supposedly subsequently bring in opposing militia troops. I may just buy it and try it myself, I do have a lot of diamonds now."
    Wow... now i have something to look forward to :P
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Demilich

I didn't get any backup when I used it :/

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#34  Edited By Hitchenson

Wow!... Like, i always wanted this game... But after reading this topic!
    I WANT'S IT NOW'Z! D:
    Goddamn it! I've only got enough money for Dead Space and Fable II today! :/

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By pause422

Damn I haven't got to any of this stuff yet..I'm still enjoying myself a lot from just exploring a bit, but I mostly just started, I got to Mikes Bar and then told to go to the Church or whatever, in the cease-fire zone...but accidentally walked into a building I wasn't supposed to and ending up dying, and forgot to quicksave before the last time I slept a bit in the safehouse before Mikes Bar >.< I can't wait to get more diamonds though for some of these awesome weapons...wanna get a sniper so bad, and the silenced pistol would be great too.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mike

Is the grenade launcher a little buggy for anyone else?  Seems like half the time either nothing happens when the grenade hits, or it explodes way off in the air or off to the side of whatever I was aiming at.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gunner
    Demilich said:
    "I didn't get any backup when I used it :/"
    Meh.. still looks cool when you shoot it into the air at night. Im still looking forward to the gold AK-47.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kush
    Lunarbunny said:
    "Also you're supposed to be able to use the flare gun by shooting it up in the air which will then supposedly subsequently bring in opposing militia troops. I may just buy it and try it myself, I do have a lot of diamonds now."
    I'll have to try that out...I only used the flare gun to shoot actually militia troops and light them on fire. Another time I accidentally lit up a field on fire...with the wind blowing towards me. That was a pretty bad idea on my part.
    ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ieatlions

supossedly you fire the flare gun and the opposing teams militia come and kil the people your fighting

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Demilich
    MB said:
    "Is the grenade launcher a little buggy for anyone else?  Seems like half the time either nothing happens when the grenade hits, or it explodes way off in the air or off to the side of whatever I was aiming at."
    Which one? They both need travel time to arm, same with the RPG. So they don't explode in your face. The good one fires pretty damn far, so if you aim too high it'll go miles away.
    cgrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cgrady

Using the first sniper rifle, and a silenced pistol. Also got the camo suit (not sure how good it actually works to be honest, maybe at night it will work better) accuracy upgrades for my guns and repair upgrade for the gun cars (one of the best things to spend diamonds on imo). waiting to unlock the extra ammo for the sniper rifle.

Vecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vecta

Camo suit only helps when you are crouched or not moving, well at least thats what the info on it said in the menu. Also were did you find that gold plated AK?

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lunarbunny
    MB said:
    "Is the grenade launcher a little buggy for anyone else?  Seems like half the time either nothing happens when the grenade hits, or it explodes way off in the air or off to the side of whatever I was aiming at."
    Pretty sure it's got a delay on arming, it's blowing up to the side because it bounced off of wherever you shot it.

Also, I found out with the Carl Gustav that the game does in fact have deflection. I shot it at a car, and it bounced off a side that was like 15 degrees off parallel instead of detonating.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mike

Ok, that makes sense...I guess I'll just have to find targets that are farther away next time.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kush
    MB said:
    "Ok, that makes sense...I guess I'll just have to find targets that are farther away next time."
    Yea...I would not recommend using a grenade launcher for close combat, just a suggestion though :P ...So, do you have any favorite weapons so far? ...find a gun that doesn't annoy you like the G3?
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mike

I didn't think I was that close, actually...I mean I was firing my grenade launcher (it's the first one available, the one that holds four rounds and has a  rotary magazine) at vehicles that were at least 30-40 yards away.  I was way outside the blast zone.  The reason I thought it was buggy was because I'd shoot rounds at the ground at enemies who were way closer and the grenades would go off every time as intended.

About the other weapons, I'm not sure.  I unlocked the silenced Makarov or whatever it is and upgraded it's reliability and accuracy.  Seems pretty good, although I haven't had any opportunities to use it stealthily yet.  I've been messing around with the AK-47 which seems even better than the AR-16, the one with the green dot scope on it.  I think the most impressive weapon is the M1903 Sniper.  I've got that upgraded on both accuracy and reliability also, and it generally seems to kill dudes in one hit which is a nice change. 

I still feel like the assault rifles aren't nearly powerful enough.  It takes way too many rounds to kill dudes, that's always been one of my biggest pet peeves in shooters.  I'm still hoping it will get better, though.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lunarbunny

Have you tried the FN FAL yet?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mike

No, I haven't even seen one at this point.  i'm only a couple of hours into the game.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I have gathered 75 diamonds so far , I also bought a silenced sniper rifle (You need to do some extra missions for the weapons seller in oder to unlock it and then you can buy it  )

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lunarbunny

Try the MP5SD, too, it's better than the G3 and silenced. It also has a higher rate of fire so target saturation is high.

On another note, I got to act 2 and am trying to make a technical I found with an M2 (.50 cal machine gun) last as long as possible. GOD DAMN I LOVE THE M2
    EDIT: as soon as I said that I found one with a Mk 19 grenade launcher...lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.