Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 30, 2013

Inspired by the sci-fi action movies of the 1980s, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is a standalone expansion to 2012's Far Cry 3, switching a modern tropical setting with the neon-covered retro-future of 2007.

Far cry 3: Blood Dragon [SPOILERZ]

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Paindamnation
    No Caption Provided

This is insane. I recently heard about Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Now i'm experiencing it.

It seems to follow the same vein as some of the downloadable content for Sleepy Dawgs. It is an old school VHS style campaign, where you are a remade sergeant turned cyborg. It starts with a old VHS style loading box. Then it begins it's story about a world turned upside down by corruption, and how soldiers are turned into cyborgs are you are number 4 in line. This is the humor you can expect from the game so far.

Also swimming is like diving, only going the other way.
    Also swimming is like diving, only going the other way.

Also it seems veryyyy tongue-in-cheek.

Alot of curse words, complaints, and very self aware dialogue. So far I'm impressed Ubisoft leaked this game. While I will not tell you where to get it, just know it's out there. Waiting for you to Hold X to Pilfer.

I'm going to get my cyber-hearts x1 dammit.
    I'm going to get my cyber-hearts x1 dammit.

If any of you have heard anything about this...,

What do you think of more developers going the "old-school" route? I think it's genius and brings a whole new depth to a style of game that was my Number #2 pick for GOTY. Numero Uno being Sleepy Dawgz

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

really dig this deliberate super old school tongue and cheek route.

Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couple new screen shots that definitely set the games tone.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking at these screens, this is how I imagine Ubisoft:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq4kjfYUF51qf28p4o1_500.gif

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just watched a stream of the first hour or so of this game and I don't know, man. It gets way dumber than the leaked video yesterday showed. They really lay it on thick. It's as if Roger Corman made a Metal Gear movie in 1983. I suspect that this game will get a very mixed reception, I can see the "dumb vs dumb" debate rearing its ugly head again.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@rebgav said:

I just watched a stream of the first hour or so of this game and I don't know, man. It gets way dumber than the leaked video yesterday showed. They really lay it on thick. It's as if Roger Corman made a Metal Gear movie in 1983. I suspect that this game will get a very mixed reception, I can see the "dumb vs dumb" debate rearing its ugly head again.

How is this not an amazing thing?

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebgav said:

How is this not an amazing thing?

It is an amazing thing. It might be too amazing for some to handle is all I'm saying.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SlashDance

I don't know, "I fucking hate tutorials" sounds like a line that fell out of fucking Duke Nukem Forever...

I'm all for a little 4th wall breaking, but if you're gonna do it come up with better stuff.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShaggE

@rebgav said:

Yeah, it's the Saints Row The Third of FPS games. For me, that's the best thing ever, but I can see a lot of people being turned off by it.

My takeaway so far: This is the "dumb" that I can really get behind. Some of the jokes are just bad, but my laugh-to-sigh ratio is decent.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Syndrom

i played a bit yesterday and loved it. The asthetic is real cool. And i really laughed with the tutorial section, it doesn't overstay it's welcome.

And the way spider says motherfuckerrrrrrrrrsssss, always gets me.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

"So let me get this right. I collect shit, to unlock shit, to get shit. Got it." - Rex Power Colt

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OfficeGamer

Don't, just don't.

You just need bullshit to criticize, you can't judge the game based on screenshots because when the dude says "I fucking hate tutorials" it actually sounds light hearted and funny, nothing forced or DNF-ish. How the game starts off, the place you're in, your eagerness to use the weapon you just picked up and being bullied by tutorials, it's quite hilarious.

Just wait for the GAME to judge the GAME, not screenshots. This isn't a graphic novel.

I think this is actually my favorite voice actor in a long time. He has a gravelly "I've seen some shit" voice yet he get overwhelmed with angst like a teenager when he sees something brutal, and when he gets pissed he's got serious temper issues :D While approaching an enemy base, the female-voiced comm botlady was listing all the options he has to approaching the objective, and he interrupted her and said "shut the fuck up HUD I do what I want" in a totally immature way.

I love this guy. I'm expecting him at any moment to go "Whoaaaa deeeewd"

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, this whole Ubisoft being self-aware of bad game design only really works if they stop employing it.

A_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

yo, piracy is bad.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I disagree with Jeffs comments on the tutorial part. I thought it was hilarious and for a tutorial quite succinct.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.