Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

So I just finished Far Cry 3 (spoilers)

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By splodge

Just finished the game, and I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable games I have played in the last two years. 43 hours well spent.

I chose the nasty ending, knowing that I would go back and choose the other one to see what happened.

I could not stop laughing at the grunty, heaving POV sex with Citra. It was hilarious. Not sure why I found it so funny, but it might have been because I am pretty sure that's how I have sex when I am drunk.

Anyone know of any other games when you are just straight up having sex in first person like that? I know in Mass Effect and the Witcher series you get pretty down and dirty, but I don't remember those scenes having the same comic effect (although that could be just all me).

Is Far Cry 3 the first game to feature first person naughty shenanigans?

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Klei

I thought the later parts of the storyline to be so bad that it almost got insulting to me, and tarnished the whole experience. I've played 30 hours of it, and I'm probably never going to touch it again. That Citra bullshit made no sense by the end, and Yohalem, the lead writer, said he wanted to make a deep ending where people would share their visions on it. My vision is that it was shit throughout; killing Vaas half-way through was downright stupid.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Deranged

@Klei said:

I thought the later parts of the storyline to be so bad that it almost got insulting to me, and tarnished the whole experienced. I've played 30 hours of it, and I'm probably never going to touch it again. That Citra bullshit made no sense by the end, and Yohalem, the lead writer, said he wanted to make a deep ending where people would share their visions on it. My vision is that it was shit throughout; killing Vaas half-way through was downright stupid.

Sadly, I'd have to agree. About half-way through the story, any "relation" with Jason was all but gone. I mean, rescuing your friends and family is definitely relatable, but purely enjoying the kill? What is he, Rambo? I loved Far Cry 3 but the story was absolutely ridiculous after killing Vaas and anything involving Citra.

HarknessRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By HarknessRed

@Klei said:

I thought the later parts of the storyline to be so bad that it almost got insulting to me, and tarnished the whole experienced. I've played 30 hours of it, and I'm probably never going to touch it again. That Citra bullshit made no sense by the end, and Yohalem, the lead writer, said he wanted to make a deep ending where people would share their visions on it. My vision is that it was shit throughout; killing Vaas half-way through was downright stupid.

If you guys thought the story was weak. Have a look at my post and see if it changes your mind and sheds some light? :)

http://www.giantbomb.com/far-cry-3/61-32933/my-theory-on-the-stories-themes-caution-spoilers/35-575132/

posh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By posh

I actually beat the game in 9 hours because i enjoyed the story missions so much. the story was mostly garbage but there's a fair bit of variety in that game. i did almost no crafting before i beat it, but now i unlocked all the weapon holsters and skills, and liberated all the outposts on the first island and i feel like i'm just getting started all over again. it's crazy how much better it is than far cry 2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.