Weird noise when taking pics of dead enemies

#1 Posted by Wrenchfarm (15 posts) -

Set a tiger loose on an outpost earlier and decided to snap some pics of the fun. Freaked me out when the camera shutter clicks tuned into SUDDEN OMINOUS TRIBAL NOISE. Turns out this seems repeatable, taking pics of dead enemies (seems murdering them any ol way works) makes a scary noise. Any idea what that is about? Is this a gameplay mechanic later on that I'm just not far enough to know about yet? Left over from mid-development changes?

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@Wrenchfarm said:

Set a tiger loose on an outpost earlier and decided to snap some pics of the fun. Freaked me out when the camera shutter clicks tuned into SUDDEN OMINOUS TRIBAL NOISE. Turns out this seems repeatable, taking pics of dead enemies (seems murdering them any ol way works) makes a scary noise. Any idea what that is about? Is this a gameplay mechanic later on that I'm just not far enough to know about yet? Left over from mid-development changes?

Nothing later in the game about it. Maybe just a little quirk or something.

#3 Posted by Blommer4 (196 posts) -

I've had that too, but not picturing dead enemies. I've experienced it twice taking picture of some cool dave or something like that. The first was just a hole in a ground that lead to some ruins and stuff. Might be the sound came just because a body I didn't see when I took the picture though; but still, I know what you're talking about.

#4 Posted by zoozilla (978 posts) -

Out of context, this topic is disturbing.

Actually, it's kind of disturbing even in context.

#5 Posted by huser (1079 posts) -

@zoozilla said:

Out of context, this topic is disturbing.

Actually, it's kind of disturbing even in context.

Had it been dead guys or people it might have gone to that next level.

#6 Posted by Jace (1094 posts) -

@Wrenchfarm: I've had the exact same thing. When I take a picture of anything with a large number dead enemies in it, SOMETIMES I hear a weird spooky noise. Like what would be in a horror film. It's only happened to me twice. I'm on PC.

#7 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

theres a side mission where you take pics of dead pirates outside the village. they use that sound to indicate you snapped a dead shot. the indicator on the cam also turns orange. looks like they just decided to leave it on.

#8 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2029 posts) -

@Jace said:

@Wrenchfarm: I've had the exact same thing. When I take a picture of anything with a large number dead enemies in it, SOMETIMES I hear a weird spooky noise. Like what would be in a horror film. It's only happened to me twice. I'm on PC.

It's actually a mechanic for some quests you're given (to take pictures of dead enemies like on the side quest @Djratchet mentioned). I don't think it's supposed to make that sound for every dead enemy you use your camera on, though -- that might be a bug.

I did notice the change of color to orange on the camera when pointing at dead bodies and it does make that same noise when you take the picture; I don't think it should be doing that outside of the quests so I think it's something they'll have to patch out later.

#9 Posted by Wrenchfarm (15 posts) -

Anyone else hoping it was kinda like Bioshock and taking pictures of enemies made you stronger against them? They could have gone with a "natives think the camera steals their soul" justification, it would fit right in with the rest of the game's, dubious, tone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.