Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 4

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Far Cry 4 puts the player in the role of Ajay Ghale and pits him against a deadly antagonist and an even deadlier environment. Caught in the middle of a brutal Civil War while fulfilling his mother's dying wish, Ghale must fight back against the oppression of Kyrat's leader, Pagan Min, while also battling the ruthlessness of the jungle.

Anyone playing this on AMD cards?

OceanicMeerkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OceanicMeerkat

I have an i5 and a 290x on a 1440p monitor. I don't expect to knock it out the park with max settings and 60fps, but I've heard of people having stuttering problems on AMD cards. But with the recent release of the revamped Omega drivers, I'm curious as to if this has changed or not. For those playing on AMD cards, what has your experience been so far?

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I play at 1080p with a 4790k and an r9 290 and on the ultra preset get between 50 and 90 fps. and I'm on slightly older drivers because of personal problems. So the new drivers will probably have better performance. Over all i have had no issues at all. But look at the steam forums, because some people are having problems.

OceanicMeerkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By OceanicMeerkat

@ds9143: Do you mind me asking what card you have and what problems you are experiencing? I have a Sapphire 290x that I've RMAd twice due to blackscreen problems. I didn't have them on the 13.5.something drivers (released February of this year), but like you said performance takes a big hit. If this next card comes back with the same problem I might try RMAing the motherboard just in case.

Thanks for your answer, I will check Steam forums.

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ds9143

The card is a sapphire tri-x r9 290. The problem, however, doesn't have anything to do with Far Cry. I have a dual boot configuration (Windows/Linux) that the AMD drivers don't always like to play nice with, so i'm on old drivers because I can't get my system to recognize the most recent drivers. Far Cry runs great regardless.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only get stuttering when using the wingsuit which might be more of a CPU thing. The volume of things on screen slowing stuff down. Similar issue with Unity, mostly runs fine but synchronizations are painful to watch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.