Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R.

Franchise »

Created in 2005 by Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. is an FPS franchise that combines kinetic bullet-time action with atmospheric Japanese horror stylings in a near future world that fuses science fiction with the supernatural.

Is F.E.A.R. Schizing Out like Call of Duty?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Tanuki
    BiggerBomb said:
    "How will Vivendi manage to take a slice of Monolith's pie without screwing up the story?"
    I'm not totally sure if I understand your question.  But the short answer is probably: "It won't be canon."  Just like those two PoS games that Sierra and Timegate put out when Monolith parted ways with them and started working on the "REAL" sequel.  If you're worried about FEAR being "Shiz'ed" out or something, then just don't play the stupid spin-offs like Extraction Point, Persues Mandate, or whatever else someone OTHER THAN Monolith tries to put it.

Besides, it far too early to tell, or even be worrying about that, anyway.  Afterall, there's only been 1 actual FEAR game so far.  (EP/PS are NOT canon)  And Monolith has been taking their time with the sequel, so I wouldn't worry too much about the fate of the series quite just yet.  ;)
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Tanuki said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "How will Vivendi manage to take a slice of Monolith's pie without screwing up the story?"
    I'm not totally sure if I understand your question.  But the short answer is probably: "It won't be canon."  Just like those two PoS games that Sierra and Timegate put out when Monolith parted ways with them and started working on the "REAL" sequel.  If you're worried about FEAR being "Shiz'ed" out or something, then just don't play the stupid spin-offs like Extraction Point, Persues Mandate, or whatever else someone OTHER THAN Monolith tries to put it.

Besides, it far too early to tell, or even be worrying about that, anyway.  Afterall, there's only been 1 actual FEAR game so far.  (EP/PS are NOT canon)  And Monolith has been taking their time with the sequel, so I wouldn't worry too much about the fate of the series quite just yet.  ;)"

I thought those little "expansions" used the original game's protagonist and actually....*SPOILER*

....killed him off. I didn't play them because of the terrible reviews and the announcement of Project Origin. Also, I'm not saying I am worried and this wasn't meant to sound like doom & gloom. I am just asking innocent questions based on an interview I watched. I am very confident in Monolith's ability to make another great game, no worries.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By kush

I can't remember because it's been a while since I played the EPs...but I'm pretty sure that they didn't exactly follow the main character of the original game. I think Extraction Point has something to do with the original FEAR in some way, but I'm pretty sure PM was just a random piece of garbage...I'm not 100% sure, except of the EPs suckage :P

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tanuki

Hahah, wow.  This actually took a lot longer than I thought it would to find this information.  Maybe teh interweb is bigger than I thought.  ;)  Anyhow, here's a quote from a Community Manager for Monolith...

"The only storyline that Monolith recognizes is that which was produced from our team - so the only "official canon" is the first F.E.A.R. game. Monolith has very high standards for our products, both creatively and technically, so to ensure the quality of our narrative we will continue from great foundation laid by our team in the first installment of the franchise.

In short, ignore all expansions and ignore anything related to the franchise not produced by Monolith Productions. Sorry for any confusion that this may have caused. "

And I didn''t mean to sound like you were all "doom and gloom", BiggerB.  ;)

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Tanuki said:
    "Hahah, wow.  This actually took a lot longer than I thought it would to find this information.  Maybe teh interweb is bigger than I thought.  ;)  Anyhow, here's a quote from a Community Manager for Monolith...

"The only storyline that Monolith recognizes is that which was produced from our team - so the only "official canon" is the first F.E.A.R. game. Monolith has very high standards for our products, both creatively and technically, so to ensure the quality of our narrative we will continue from great foundation laid by our team in the first installment of the franchise.

In short, ignore all expansions and ignore anything related to the franchise not produced by Monolith Productions. Sorry for any confusion that this may have caused. "

And I didn''t mean to sound like you were all "doom and gloom", BiggerB.  ;)"

Damn, good for Monolith. Sticking up to Vivendi like that. Thanks, that's great news.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.