Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fighters Uncaged

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Nov 04, 2010

Fighters Uncaged is a Kinect fighting game, using the player's body to trigger various martial arts attacks. Fight twelve different opponents in a brutal underground tournament.

Is this proper one on one fighting, or just pressing promts?

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Sambambo

Title really.

Does it track your movements, or are you just hitting promts to hit. 

Thanks.

maimran91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By maimran91
    @SuperSambo:  I really think so, although i'm not a fan of 360
    smokemare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By smokemare

Looking at videos of it in action - I would say the latter.  I suspect Kinnect Sports Boxing actually tracks better given it uses your avatar and thus microsofts tracking code.  Plus on the giant bomb video, the dude playing couldn't get a headbutt to register, and when he does a spinning backfist - the player doesn't need to actually spin.

Dissapointing in the extreme.

Avatar image for burningstickman
    BurningStickMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BurningStickMan

No, it is not based on prompts.  Yes, it does track your movement, but not 1:1. 

Think of it more like an extension of gesture controls.  You perform an action to trigger a canned animation/attack.  You can't simply hop in and start fighting however you like - you're making specific movements to trigger specific in-game actions.  

Sometimes it's fairly obvious and seems like 1:1 (like a straight punch).  Other times it's things like placing one foot behind another and leaning forward to do a roundhouse kick.  It also means you have to learn all the possible moves, just like you would for a character in Street Fighter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.